Stop designing trashy trashes

Can you please stop adding trash packs like Fall dragons with 20 small adds, atal dazar small dinosaurs, tott watery adds, dht bloods, brh spiders that are literaly anty dot classes packs and only make other classes pad dps like crazy cause i dont even have skillset to touch them?

And if you want diversity then add more non movable spreaded trashes. Where are they?

Its so anoying to see all classes destroy small nonelite packs with 20x more dps than shadow / balance/ affli. Whats the point of these.

Overall damage would be so much better without them.

These trashes are pathetic.

Tank challenge. If the tank doesn’t get aggro on all, dps can die to them.

Crowd control challenge. These can easily kill dps and healer if they’re not cced.

Tank challenge. Tanks who pull the next big add before the debuff drops will likely wipe the group.

Defensive CD management and healer challenge. These can wipe the group as they die if the group isn’t prepared.

Tank and healer challenge. Tanks can (and do) die to these if they don’t have strong mitigation up and they’re not dispelled quickly enough.

M+ is not all about your dps.

Can you stop fixing on “overall” damage?

Like was said, theres a dozen reasons for them.

I wish there were more of them if I’m honest, its a game and people like a bit of mindless pad. I wouldn’t mind if they took the hornets out of Algathar academy for example and make all the pulls like the tree room.

Simple pull, one mechanic that matters and big numbers. Fun for most.

I do miss the AA megapull. Wish we had more of those.

Well, we do. In EV. Except that there are 1000 mechanics to consider.

DPS-meter addons makes people dumber.

Just needs the dumb AoE hard target cap removed.

Just placed a comment about this elsewhere. About the dragon before the last boss of Rise.

Would trade it for a whole room full of mini blobs cause that dragon scales terribly in high keys.

1 Like

depending what dps you play…

target caps are garbage.

1 Like

Well M+ is a team thing. Even with target caps, its the overall DPS of the party.

Even with the caps, none of the other pulls are as massive. So as long as its easy on the tank, and Blizz balances out “no aoe cap” with “aoe cap” damage (which I expect them to do) its still super fun to play.

So lets say… 3 people, plus healer/tank caped at 8 targets… is still a lot of AoE. And assuming 1 DD is not target caped, I expect them to do less damage in the other pulls which are smaller.

Because thats what the purpose of target caps are. Its to give AoE/cleave abilities a “smart damage” such that if you hit less than 8 targets it does not hit like a wet noodle.

Compare for example elemental: Chain Lightning and Earthquake. If you want CL to do some sort of damage in cleave situations (2-3 targets) you cant make it hit like a wet noodle. Otherwise, you would just revert back to single target stuff. That is why you dont use Earthquake in cleave situations. The ticking damage is set, no changes there. And the more things you hit, the more damage.

So the fact that some classes have different “cleave” mechanics as opposed to pure AoE mechanics is a design problem. Some classes simply have less buttons to press.

all i am saying is that giant pull is fun for fire mage but not fun for enhance

Thats not a fair comparison. Enhance (and all shamans) need a rework.

What you are claiming as “fun” are massive numbers in the details. So if class balance was done correctly, an enh should be able to do the same DPS as a mage, with a target cap. So that 2M dps the mage is doing, you do too with CDs popped on 4 targets you CL.

Of course, that would make you OP. And that is why most reworked classes have a button for uncapped AoE, for Cleave, and ST situations. And Shaman is missing that.

Not Ele though, Ele has Earthquake for AoE, CL for cleave, and LB for ST (simplified version). Ele also needs a rework and its an over-simplification of Ele toolkit, but it proves the general idea.

Either way, class balance has nothing to do with dungeon design.

yes but ele is very bad on that pull unless you have a tank that can kite a circle around your earth quake. (never happens)

of course it is not fair. But I am just saying most dps love too blast big packs for big numbers. I think most people agree that the fun is not coming from “oh there are now 20 mobs that I need to watch their deadly casts”.
Now if you play a class/spec that cannot aoe well, the fun goes away.
imagine trying to dot the 50 mobs as a shadow priest, that is just awful. Meanwhile other specs just press 2 buttons and blast away.

They ruined it with their target cap in general. It has become more imbalanced as well considering some classes are hard capped, some are soft capped and some are not capped.

In that scenario fire mage should just blow everyone out of the water with 50 targets, fine but then they should suck at 5 targets, which they don’t. They are also good at ST, so there is just no balance at all. hence = no fun

Balance when it comes to Shaman sucks. Thats for sure.

But I still understand why some classes have a target cap and others dont. Simply: They did not get their rework yet. Simple as that.

Outlaw had a “rework” and still has a target cap, it sucks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.