Stop harassment in open world

In order to fight corpse camping make it so that only the first kill would award anything in open world (for whole party), with a cooldown, unless it’s a pvp wq area or when the player actually does damage beyond a threshold to the killing player or to someone in his party.

Also, award no honor for killing non max level players by someone who is max level so that people would have no reason killing people who are levelling, especially harassing in starter zones and killing quest NPC’s…

I understand that Blizzard wants those B******* paying them money and without this they will stop playing, but because of server merges through shards there are no PvP/PvE servers anymore.

Otherwise, just remove any rewards for having warmode on for PvE players, even with all those annoying people, it is still faster to level and gain reputation so yeah I’d still turn it on most of the time.

Should start actually making the community better and stop rewarding lifeless bullies, you can’t even do anything inside neutral areas in new zones without some prick attacking you, even if you can kill them, why allow that in the first place…

Warmode doesnt exsist to grant PvE bonuses, the rewards are a bonus for joining the PvP shards. You are not killed because it rewards anything, you are killed because it is fun doing so. If you don’t find such to be fun and don’t want to take part, turn off warmode.

Blizz has already made world PvP more or less dead with all these guards and gibberish that wasn’t there on launch. On launch it was FFA and it was glorious. The battles, the personal vendettas… it was perfect. Thanks to people complaining like yourself, that was down tuned to what it is now. A shell of its former self. Dead.

If you get corpse camped and that ain’t your cup of tea, turn off warmode.

If you don’t want to get attacked by other players, turn off warmode.

If you just want the PvE experience, turn off warmode.

If PvP annoys you to such an extent that you make a forum post about it, turn off warmode.

I don’t know what other arguments and complaints you will come with… but I will just say: Just turn off warmode.

9 Likes

My rogue has 17,000 bloody tokens and I havent had a use for honour points since December - I will kill you repeatedly because I can tell when someone is the kind of person that will log horde and whisper me naughty words. Thats why I do it, no other reason.

I’ll be keeping an eye out for you, Nedthebull-Ragnaros

9 Likes

Turn OFF WM. The bonus was granted because Blizzard acknowledges the fact people sometimes get killed so they compensate you. Now it’s your turn to acknowledge that Blizzard doesn’t compensate you for simply pressing a button.

4 Likes

What you people don’t understand, is that I’m talking about the community which is created because of people who do whatever they want for the sake of having fun and other selfish reasons, even if it means that they ruin someone’s else experience, PvP is only a part of it, there are similar problems in PvE.

I don’t care if you think it’s fun to kill someone repeatedly, especially someone who can’t do anything to defend himself, for example when someone kills the players and NPC’s at low level zones. Because yeah, that’s called bullying, but nobody wants to educate the population on manners and instead talk about fake freedom, like in some of the states where you can buy firearms along with your groceries

warmode should have never existed, i was always outnumbered all my time spent on wow since i started in vanilla, and i never had much of a problem with being zerged

i mean, yeah, it makes me mad, yeah, it makes me tilt and get pissed, and no, i wont log off and take a break, ill just fight until i win, or they give, or get a friend to join me and try a sick 2v5

since warmode was made, the whole zerging became 20 times worst, because the answer to everyone when you ask for help is “just turn warmode off bro”, and the people that have it on, usually are zergers that are doing it for quest, spark or w/e, and not real pvpers like, lets say pshero, who just play the game, and engage any red player he sees because its content he enjoys

warmode is just a system that completely plays on the weakminded and make zerging even less fun, hell, if it was me id put some insane stuff in a pvp warmode warchest that flies through dragon isle, and let the 40 people contest it, like some BIS trinket or smth.

same as gurubashi system, just put something people want, and you authomatically create pvp and fights

from there you just work on the problems

1 Like

If bullying you by killing quest NPCs create incentive for you yourself to gather some friends to get me back, then it is working as intended.

My goal is not annoying you. My goal is to force you into the corner. Have you break down mentally to where you swear revenge. You bring your mates and I bring my boys. It is personal, it is gritty and it is unrelenting.

That is PvP.

If I hurt your feelings doing it and you just want to quest, please leave warmode.

2 Likes

If you lvl with warmode you basically accept that you can get killed every now and then and if its a populated area, quite often. Risk vs Reward.
Corpse camping is double edged, ive been camped and I have camped but usually the same person who camped me. He changed char to first apologize and then bashed me so I camped for another 1-2hours. Was fun.
But intentionally corpse camping for no reason just log out/change char and do something else for awhile. Unless you’ve acted like an idiot most ppl gets bored camping for too long.

If you cant handle any of that, like ppl have said, leave warmode.

1 Like

Okay then maybe I’ll give you another example from MU Online, there you could also kill whoever you wish and almost whenever you want outside of cities, but if you did it too much, you could lose all your stuff. Similar system worked in Runescape wilderness, while the problem in WoW, is that you have no punishment for harassing people, I think there should be consequences, even if it’s just a game and even if you can just opt out of it. Again, to create a better community, stop being so selfish and start thinking about others, since it goes beyond the game and reflects on your everyday life whether you realize that or not.

Maybe if you’re too stupid it has no effect, but that’s another problem which is depicted in Idiocracy (2006) movie or DmC: Devil May Cry (2013) game

If you just want to PvE, go and do PvE.

Turn off warmode.

We are not killing you to harass you, we are killing you because it is fun to do so.

I repeat: Turn off warmode.

Let the PvP community be toxic, go to the happy tree friends camp of PvE sunshine.

Again, turn off warmode.

Think of the ones that enjoy the content as is, and don’t want to be punished for playing the game their way in the very limited form it already is. PvE is protected almost totally already.

So, please. I beg. Please, just turn off warmode and be gone.

3 Likes

this is almost flawless, this is how it should, go

i have 1 problem with it tho

If a party of 10-20 camps a spot… it gets really, really hard to do anything about it… because, like you said “turn warmode off”

now, turning warmode off, doesn’t work for me
Ive got a bug, glitch or w/e, where i cannot turn warmode off.
No, i don’t rly have it, i refuse to turn warmode off, even if im camped for hours, pvp is an aspect of the game that not only i enjoy, but its the main reason ive been addicted to this game for half my life

Since the introduction of warmode tho, the problem is, convincing other players to “not just turn warmode off” but to group and kill the enemy faction

See warmode, plays in the fact, that since you can just say “fk it, i will just turn warmode off, why should i fight back”, its become almost impossible to form pvp groups or have those small skirmishes around the world, this has been a problem since bfa, when warmode was introduced, and giving quests to incentive people turning warmode on, didn’t help at all… all it did, was make people turn warmode on, group in 40, zerg the F out of others, and turn it off again

Currently alliance is winnig eveyr single aspect of casual pvp, from bgs, to epic bgs, to world pvp and warchests, but im assuming its still “the poor faction with honor bonus and stuff” because, once people are done with the camping in group, they get killed once or twice solo, and turn it off
If you ask me, warmode is just a system to protect snowflakes form actually having a challenge in the game, and i would have NO PROBLEM in however you want to approach the game, if it wasn’t for the fact that mor ethan half of horde has warmode off, because they get killed once or twice, and don’t understand that by turning WM off, they are part of a system that promotes ganking andzerging over actual pvp
now, you would have people complaining if there was no warmode either, and people would still be camped, but it would be more fair than what we have right now, i don’t think that opting out of pvp should be an option, unless you play on a RP/PVE realm
I play on OUTLAND EU as HORDE, it is an alliance populated realm, it was for a decade, and ive been in here since mist of pandaria, i never moved, even if i could literally do it with the golds, i farmed in any patch, because im rooted in here, and i ain’t going anywhere even if i was the last Horde player on it
But i miss the times before warmode, wher eyou would get killed once twice, maybe even 5-10 times, but then, youd find people, group, kill, hunt alliance even if they are the winnig faction, during legion there were literally 20 alliance and 5 of us, fighting them off at the etrance of Valshara, warmode sharding and phasing destroyed all of this, now you don’t even see people from your own realm, you see some from tarren mill, some from twisting nether, some from draenor or kazzak, u don’t see people from your realm, and when they are outnumbered in a 5v1, they turn warmode off, an magically that 5v1 becomes a 5v1 vs the nex tperson instead of 5v2, and 5 doens’t even explain it well, its usually 2-3 vs 10-15, but im assuming there is another 2-3 in stealth, 2-3 that are somewhere nearby that i haven’t seen, and 50 with warmode off that were killed 15v1 and got scared out

I still think warmode was a huge mistake, and that Player Choice doens’t always come into play correctly with this kind of things, it does protect the weak in the small run, but in the long one just crates a system that is even more unbalanced than what we had before…

what should happen is probably merging 90% of the servers we have, remove warmode, have free migration, and let the pla yers duke it out like the good old days, yes you will occasionally still die 20v1, but you will be “backed into a corner” like the guy Funky said, and that will make you both play better, and find people to play with, and make an awesome warzone.

Too bad it wont hapen, because, “warmode off ez” right ?

We need a portal thing , where you can gather a raid , click on it and it opens a portal to the “warmode OFF” world , for say oh 15 minutes .
We can even call it Whimsyshire portal .

Just imagine the glorious carnage that would occur as a group of barbarians invade Happy Tree Friends land and start methodically annihilating every living soul in front of the raid portal on Wednesday or in a “popular quest zone hub” . Brings a tear to this old warlock’s eye .

On the same topic perhaps also the ability to “lift” the restriction of sanctuary (ahem Valdraken) for a short while would also be glorious . Mr orc looking for a zug zug in his bank and he is rightfully purged by a band of alliance who proceed to plant banners on his corpse and make a campfire .

Valdrakken should be the one spot where PvPers can chill, duel and just have a good time in peace.

Everyone needs a break and time to just turn off to recharge.
Also, you want to keep those moments when you chase someone, trying to get them knocked down from the sky before they reach safety. DF brought in so many good times with dragonflying, where you chased people down. Well - before everywhere is safe. Now it is all just sad and grey, dead content.

Anywhere else but Valdrakken should be open season. No guards, no nothing.

I don’t care about the PvErs quality of life.

2 Likes

Only 17k? Filthy casual.

Blizz took them all away now, though. I appreciate the motivation for farming alliance again, but we could’ve gotten some compensation for last season.

That’s not how it works, mate.

You can’t have both the “faster leveling and reputation” and the comfort of a fully-PVE experience. One exists to counterbalance the other.

It’s like your boss tells you “if you want to work harder, I’ll pay you 10% more” and you answer “I want the 10% more but I want to work as much as I do now”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.