Stop sleeping on Blood Dks! / Bdks Dusruption

This doesnt just go for Warmode and World PvP but also for the phases where Warmode is disabled but you can still enable pvp with /pvp command.

If you don’t really wonna read you can just watch Rextroys video called “Raid Boss Death Knight”.

For those who wonna strick to simply words:

Blood Dks often abuse NPCs in towns like Goldshire to heal for incredible amounts passively. How? the stat called Leech heals them for % of the damage done, because mobs and npcs are way lower level the damage they take is like 12312k per hit so this damage gets converted into healing and thats how they can survive 20-30 oposing enemy players.
While at it Monks also do a trick involving low level NPCs which makes them literally oneshot other players with Touch of Death even though the players are not bellow 15% HP but I digress.
So many classes can benefit from this trick and be really hard to kill, and theres a really easy fix to this, just disable Leech against lower level mobs.

However I want to take things one step further on the Blood Dk end,
Blood DKs are overtuned in Word PvP and maybe even in Rated Battlegrounds, it is insane how much control they have over the enemy players, without them even dying.
What I mean by this ?
1st. They literally require continuous effert from multiple players (around 5-10) which is really too much. But thats really not the main issue.
2nd. They can always spam chains of ice which is the strongest spamable slow in the game, while doing crazy damage for a tank spec, while also having CCs.
3th They can multi-grip, multiple times. Which in combination with everything creates a big problem for everyone. There literally strats in Rated Bgs for 1 tank to simply grip healers and bring them to the other end of the map and keep them there for minutes.
And while thats easily correctable with a coordinated team, as all rated PvP is supposed to be (coordinated) after all leads me to my next point:

the CASUAL Andies and classes who dont have vanish, spell immunity or any way to get away from a Blood DK on their own

The casual player is often a victim of the overtuned and abusive machanics of the way Blood Dks work:

Scenario 1:
Casual Andy plays a priest,warlock, warrior or a paladin or maybe even a dps DK or a DH.
Goes to do World PvP quest. Gets grabbed by some of these troll Bdks and hes stuck there unless he goes into que and heartstones from there to safety → Andy cant play the game.
Scenario 1/2:
Blood Dk grips Andy, brings him to the graveyard, eventually kills him, Andy cant even Res sickness because the Bdk will be there humping Andies corpse infront of the eyes of the holy Spirit Healer = no escape for Andy.

Scenario 2:
Goes into normal battleground as a healer → troll bdk grabs him and keeps him somewhere as his rag doll → Andy cant play the game.

Scenario 3: Average Andy tries to quest in Goldshire even if it is on an active RP realm with lots of people in it (as I do), troll Bdk can keep killing the quest NPCs and Vendors / Innkeeper which will delay Average Andy or it might outright confuse him, Blood Dk isnt really worried if he gets attacked because → reminder → Blood Dk can heal from guards.

P.S. during my PvP adventures in the PvP zones Ive encountered this so many time that a blood dk will literally police the place into an endless loop of bullying players and its just disgusting.

A quick recap:
As things stand picking Bdk in PvP for the most part is for the reason of trolling.
Blood dks healing is disgusting, so they dont really require for low level NPCs to be around them to heal for disgusting amounts and still deal decent amounts of damage and CCs spam grip multiple times and etc.
All of this though is unfortunetely aplified when there are NPCs around them.
A solution to the NPCs would be disabling Leech stats from benefiting players if NPCs you’re hitting are Gray Levels.
A solution to the insane utility of the Blood Dks is making Blood DK grip work only in PvE and tune down their healing. 10 people shouldnt be required to take down a player, especially because tanks already take increased damage in PvP.
With this solution Blood Dks can still be played in Rated Battlegrounds and defend bases, they were never good for flag carry anyways nor Grip was doing anything in favor for that so there wont be any issue there…

but im open to hear what you guys think:

-What are some solutions to this obvious problem ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.