Stopcasting castsequence macro bug

If I have this in a macro:

/stopcasting
/castsequence reset=target Moonfire, Sunfire

The stopcasting means the castsequence doesn’t work properly. It works fine without the stopcasting, but with it in the macro appears to pick at random as I might get several moonfires or several sunfires.

Go to the support menu ingame and Click Submit feedback or bug report.

Support team doesn’t forward bugs to devs.

If no target is specified, you will attack your current target; if you have no current target, you will attempt to acquire the closest hostile target in front of you and attack.

What is it you’re trying to accomplish with this macro? As written, it’ll cancel whatever spell you’re currently casting at the time you press it, then attempt to cast the next spell in the sequence. If you switch targets then the sequence will reset to the beginning, regardless of whether or not you’ve cast Sunfire; if you don’t switch targets it’ll cycle between Moonfire and Sunfire.

All in all this macro’s pretty sub-optimal as-is given that Moonfire and Sunfire have different durations and Sunfire hits multiple targets while Moonfire only hits 1-2 (depending on talents). Also, using /stopcasting breaks the Spell Queue Window.

I want to stop casting to quickly kill an explosive orb or ninja tag a mob, movement doesn’t do it during starfall, and I’d rather not have to press escape. So that’s the stop casting bit. I can use the macro to put moonfire followed by sunfire on the first mob in a pack (which puts sunfire on the rest too) then I can put just moonfire on others in the pack by changing targets. I don’t care that it breaks the spell queue window for this button, its not the only way I apply those dots.

I’d just use Moonfire in that case. Explosives only have 670 HP now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.