"Storm earth and fire heed my call."

I did a mistake.

As this is my first post in any forum i would like to start with congratulation to Blizzard staff on amazing accomplishments in the game worlds and thank you very much for all the fish. It is worth it.

Now to the point. I am such a moron feeling such pain, but here i stand, can do no other than writing my first post in any forum, like ever.

You have to realize after 578 days of wow play time ( this sounds scary …but i checked it few minutes ago) i have projects that might be weird yet somewhat fulfilling:

I noticed WIldheart gloves going 370K on my server so i found them very cheap on another server along with other items. I created new char there, paid 20 EUR for a game token and turned to gold, bought the items, leveled an alt to 10 level paid 25 EUR to transfer the character to my server. Selling all items would have lead to a nice profit.

Same day my blood froze when i realized the gloves are soulbound. I get lots of items from pvp and i fast equip destroy them in the evening to clean up my bags. I was so tired didn’t even notice.

I opened a ticket same day/moment i realized it and have never used that item with my character prior to that. (guys i spent one hour figuring out how ticketing system works)

/CRY /CRY /CRY /SAD

I should probably call it a day but this affects me deeply.

On one side i have a long term relationship with Blizzard buying and playing all the games ( i don’t play only WOW you know :slight_smile: ( including preorder of warcraft 3 reforged to come in December 2019) on the other side there is this issue of a BOE just 45 EUR worth + time to level 10. It is not about the money AND time.

It is about a principle. To trust you deal with a company who excels in customer satisfaction and that extra mile to get to you! It is about a world where everybody are fighting for more clients. Where client data is key, where you cherish the potential of a client, to keep selling and upselling. And i hear Blizzard saying along those lines:

"Speak, fool!"

"You should be more careful!"

"That was my plan!"

"Your pain shall be legendary!"

I was careful for 578 days game time ( These are years of lifetime. More than some of you replying me worked in that company) and i did a mistake. Well what do you do about it ? Let me check what google says for similar cases: there were game masters who DID help ( in the very forum i write) only if the item has not been used and a ticket has been opened on time and it did not happen before. Wait, thats actually my case!

Maybe i am just a moron expecting an understanding, a sympathy from a human being. I should suck it up but i can’t. There is a lump in my throat and i feel poisoned and cursed at the same time and i don’t see the light!

I’m certain that GM’s are unable to assist you with this issue as described here: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/19990

As for googling this issue, I did so as well and those cases were in the past. Policies may change over time and you may still attempt to reach a GM and see if something can be done but it’s very unlikely that they’ll be able to help.

1 Like

Do I assume correctly from this that you did equip them? When you equip a BoE item it does ask “Equipping this item will make it soulbound” so I don’t think you could have equipped them accidentally hence why I am asking.

A similar thing happened to me. A boe item became bop when I undeleted it but there’s nothing they can do. They can’t un-bop an item.

1 Like

Thank you for your post Shammoz. I am replying with a friend’s help. My forum account got suspended after posting the post above due to forum code violations. I am new to that and must have done sth wrong although why it is posted i don’t know. To your question: You are correct. I blindly go fast equip destroy all new items. I do that for thousands of items so not paying attention anymore as all PVP items are junk on that toon level.

Then I am afraid there will likely be nothing the support team can do. Those prompts reminding you that equpping it will make it soulbound are there for good reason and whilst we are all human and can make mistakes, to make exceptions and remove a binding would be setting a precedent that would go down a dodgy path. If they do it for you, they would have to do it for everyone and that can’t happen. Sorry I can’t give you a more positive outlook but I don’t think they will be able to help.

I really thank you for finding the time to reply to my post and your opinion.

blizzard doesn’t bother with small requests like this, as it takes too much time, back in the day, vanilla/bc/ early wotlk gms would spawn in-game and dance with you, return your item and give you a lepper gnome buff…

The OP had his answer 3 weeks ago, your comments were not needed, especially in the vulgar manner with which you made them. This may be your first post on the forums, so I will recommend you read the code of conduct before you post further.

1 Like

Locking this thread now as it has been dealt with already, to prevent it from being bumped/derailed.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!