Stormwind City needs a Visual Upgrade

Especially with the new portal room incoming in the 8.1.5 and the already existing Lion’s Rest, I feel like the rest of Stormwind City just feels way too old to look at.

With that I mean sky box, buildings & road texture, models and polygons.
It’s just as if the whole city is an ensamble of patches sewn on top if it with the release of each expansion, without a real definitive and solid overhaul.

It’s understandable that vanilla zones are lots, and the work needed to visual upgrade every old content is a lot and probably not convenient; but Stormwind City is the kernel capital of the Alliance, and it needs to stand up to expectation and latest design standard.

I’m so afraid that Blizzard is not even interested in hearing me out, that’s why I’m a bit hesitant in opening this thread especially since it’s “trivial” nature; but at the same time I wish to be heard out by the community.

2 Likes

I’d rather see the other cities come back to life(including Darnassus, which was my go-to city), than seeing SW updated. If I can avoid SW, I will. And it’s not because it looks dated. It’s because I think it’s extremely shallow and boring to just have one city in a world as big as Azeroth. The fact that SW took over everything, made the world feel smaller and less alive. I want the other races cities back and just as usefull as SW. They should simply offer the same, so that we could pick our own captiol. I want Darnassus back.

6 Likes

I understand your point, but at the same time having so many capitals is not functional. I love lore and I’d also love to see every single capital populated, but that just can’t work :frowning:

And since Stormwind City is the major capital in the Alliance anyway, at least make it look good.

Omg not a single tax penny to fix SW before we have rebuild Darnassus and Gilneas. :rage:

6 Likes

It’s loads more functional now, than it was before we got cross realm.

I do not want to see any more updates to SW until they fix the other cities and make them usefull/available again. I really don’t.

2 Likes

Starting to rebuild Darnassus here

10 Likes

i think a new statue of the current king will do fine. better stick to the traditions, noone wants to have another brotherhood rebelion.

1 Like

Stormwind and Orgrimmar alike are at the back of the queue when it comes to updates. I mean seriously? It just -had- an Update in Legion. Try playing in Silvermoon or Exodar, then you’ll know suffering from a lack of updates…

2 Likes

To be fair, the Horde side never switched their main hub. We went from Orgrimmar to updated Orgrimmar. At best there’s some Silvermoon dwellers because it has a somewhat servicable AH to mailbox position.

I think Ironforge felt better and gave a bigger sense of community for the Alliance and it was a downgrade to make Stormwind more convenient in terms of utilities, yet equally convoluted in terms of observing other players.

Totally agree Stormwind does need an upgrade especially when put it next to a city like Boralus. I think it would be great to update all the cities too but that would take resources from other areas so sort of make sense they focus on one faction city rather than all of them.

Still the occasional update would be good for those cities.

I would rather see a new Gilneas making into the game with that victorian design and becoming the major hub for the alliance than the SW getting updated. SW was for a long time in the centre of attention, so it would be a good idea if some other city would get that kind of treatment now for a change.

I’d rather see them include Silvermoon and The exodar into the flyable zones. Although that will take a lot more effort than a SW upgrade.
Echo isles and gnomeregan updates would be cool too. Make them more like actual faction hubs for trolls and gnomes.
Especially gnomeregan. It took them 3 expansions to take back a part of the city. Now, another 4 expansions later they should be ready to take back the last part.
Change the gnomeregan dungeon into a caverns of time dungeon. Basically just move the physical entrance to the caverns.

2 Likes

Love them lore references :heart:

They wont even add flying to those two :frowning:

Human hands doing the work for you I see :wink:

Judging by the gloves, I’d say it was a paladin.

WHAT!?

If something needs a visual update its the other capitals not a city that has had half dozen face lifts over the years while other cities have had none or very little done over the 15 years.

Okay, then what about a visual upgrade overhaul for each capital city in the game?
So we don’t get to have a fight at all :slight_smile:

Oh sillynes. Gloves in picture are obviously not plate but softer material. Looks to me they are Fizzle’s Gloves rewarded from quest in… Durotar! So it seems we night elves will be getting our help somewhere else than from humans…

2 Likes

You sure you’re not a Shal’dorei?

No me no ugly elf kind.