Stormwind Harbor Phasing

Anyone knows what is up with this? Sometimes when I go there with a group of friends a few of them get phased away. Haven’t been able to find out what is causing it yet.

The most recent patch has caused it, as far as i’m aware. The only fix is to party up

I thought that the reset would’ve fixed it, but I just flew down there and it’s still phased to the Legion intro with all the NPCs getting ready to fight on the Broken Shore again.

https://i.gyazo.com/e9636160fe71254f5d633d46e01613f9.jpg

Apparently briefing the Alliance on demons is so important that they’ll do so on top of the wounded from Lordaeron.

1 Like

Being in the same party does not fix it, maybe it helps to do quest sync though.

EDIT: Confirmed that party sync is a good temporary solution, if you go there with friends, enable the sync and you can see each other.

This phasing is super annoying as Horde comes to grief in Stormwind, and whenever you try to kill them, they run and abuse that phasing to get out of fight and fly off. How are we supposed to defend our city like this?

Mhm, it should really be fixed somehow.

Had the same issue on this char and I actually made a ticket for it. GM sorted it out for me while I was offline

I’m getting the same issue at 110/111, legion Broken Shore preparation phasing over everything else, but not overriding everything, just alongside it, it seems. Even as i’m about to ship out to boralus. super weird.

Any news on this yet?

Its a silly question I know, but all of your friends and you did (or skipped via I’ve heard this tale before) that intro quest to the end?
I had similar problem and it was becasue I totally forgot I never done that stupid quest just untracked (and in the other case deleted… yeah, managed to screw up twice…) the quest

When it comes to getting this fixed, some people like myself had to go through a week worth of tickets to be told how to fix this myself on affected characters. Other guildies had a GM fix it for them and some people haven’t bothered to try to fix it because they can’t face waiting for a week or more.

I fixed it myself by going to Legion Dalaran and finding the NPC called Archivist Elysiana. She will give you the quest chain you need to do to fix the problem. HOWEVER, one of my guild mates did this and… didn’t fix it.

It’s terrible that because of a hotfix we need to fix bugs Blizzard has, albeit inadvertently, created.

I managed to speak with the archivist on 4/5 of my characters… the latter one being… troublesome now as she dosen’t have the option from her to redo the introduction at all and only the magni quests… so woo

So, I know this topic has long since gone silent, but after extensive testing and help from a friendly blue, we discovered the issue with phasing is due to a lot of phases over-lapping.

The Work Around is:
Head to Legion Dalaran and speak to Archivist Elysiana.
Head to the Docks and find the troll boats - complete Bwemba’s entire quest chain (A phase over-lap from her stops a boat spawning in)
Come back to the harbour, complete the quests: DO NOT USE THE SKIP OPTION
Proceed to complete the Broken Shore Scenario and upon returning to Stormwind, you should have the Docks back!

To tack onto this: Completing this then may cause the mage tower to stop working properly.
Head back to Stormwind Throne Room and take the quest from the Demon Hunter NPC: Demons Among Us
Follow this quest chain through to completion to fix the mage tower.

4 Likes

You can also make a ticket to a GM to solve it. I had to speak to two seperate GM’s, about the issue, but eventually they reset a quest that made it possible for the phasing to go away.

If what the GM told me, people soon be given the advice above, as they were writing an internal publication on the issue, but the above work-around should fix it without having to wait for ticket replies.

The above will USUALL work BUT if you are stuck in a weird state of not having the option from elysiana and only the magni part and no other quests in harbour there is only one way and that is to ticket a GM about it, you however MUST very specfically lay this out else they will send you on a wild goosechase to fix it when there is no way to fix it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.