Stormwind much emptier compared to Orgrimmar?

Hello.

I mainly play as Horde, but I always have the thought in the back of my mind about playing on Alliance because I simply love much more Stormwind and Alliance zones.

Everytime I visit Stormwind of the Silvermoon server it always appears so much emptier than Orgrimmar. I play in Draenor as Horde and Orgrimmar always has a lot of people outside and inside of the Auction House. When I login into Silvermoon, Stormwind has almost no one outside and inside the Auction House.

Is it because I have Warmode on?
Is it true that Alliance doesn’t have as much quality raid and PvP guilds?
Is there really such an enormous difference between Alliance and Horde?

Thats one reason.

Quality of guilds is the same depending on what level you raid/pvp on. Amount? No. The majority plays on horde for A: Bigger pool of players and B: Better racials (which was a cause for the big guys to move. Then the fanboys. Then other high guilds. Then the rest over time)

Player wise? Yes.

6 Likes

Also keep in mind alot of people are probably in Boralus, unlike Dazar’alor it’s actually a decent city to hang out in.

7 Likes

Most people hang around Boralus than Stormwind, you only go to Stormwind for the AH really

4 Likes

Even then i dont visit it. Much faster for me to go to Ironforge and just HS back.

1 Like

Yeah this, shame that Blizzard doesn’t put AH’s in the new main cities.

2 Likes

What would be the point of old cities if you removed AH from them literally nobody would visit them anymore.Unless you want them to remove main city of Alliance since forever :joy: and make Boralus a new stormwind lul.

3 Likes

Oh the old cities should keep their AH, just get to adding AHs to the new cities :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still my point stands only Boralus would have players though and you would have ghost towns Blizzard didn’t put AH in Boralus for a reason.

2 Likes

This shouldnt be much of an issue. Tons of people park a low level character in a ah somewhere to buy stuff on or to use it as a bank. Lots of times there also is someone afk with the AH mount in boralus. And if you got engineering you can always use the robot for the auction house. I’m suprised there are so many people in stormwind all the time already

A very good point. In Boralus everything you need is found very close together near the portals, making it a pretty useful place to hang out. Dazar’Alor is a mess with profession trainers many stories below the portals and the harbor with the war table, ship connections etc a flight point away. I still haven’t bothered finding everything there, admittedly a bit easier for someone with teleports to all corners of the world. :wink:

1 Like

One tip for any Horde player I would give is that you can buy a mission from the Honorbound vendor that’ll give you a table inside the great seal. It’s above the portal room then which is quite handy at times.

Won’t allow you to recruit any troops though… but still it has it’s use.

3 Likes

Aka nobody would go there. Just like engineers never left Dalaran pretty much

1 Like

getting flashbacks on my first time in dazar alor. i had to watch a youtube video in order to find the enchant trainer lol. :rofl:

1 Like

First of all depens on server, second if you take rp server for example alliance hangs in many places besides stormwind.

I don’t know about it recently, but back when i was farming on my alliance druid and was constantly visiting auction house to sell stuff, it was just as busy as orgrimmar.

It’s just that orgrimmar’s important areas, such as the portal room, auction house, war room, etc. are all basically next to one another, while stormwind has them a bit more separated. Which makes it seem like horde areas are a lot more full of people.

1 Like

Jokes on you! We engineers are covered on that front!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.