Strange game lag with low latency

From few days the game acts strange.
It seem that it is the same problem like this in us forums

I have low latency - between 40 and 60 ms, WinMTR shows nothing strange - 0% packets loss. But I see all problems as in the topic above - mounting, spells, quests not updated at time and so on.
Realm: EU Ravencrest
Various locations in Kul Tiras

4 Likes

The effect is also in Broken Isles. Not only in Kul Tiras. Usually after 22.00 EET

Twisting Nether is messed up this morning, lag everywhere. Guildy has the same and said when he tried another server the lag went away.

I have the same issue on my realm (Twisting Nether). Weird enough I have the lag in and around Dazar. It really makes the game unenjoyable while doing WQs. Well, I was already considering taking a break from WoW due to BfA being a huge clown fiesta; i suppose i will consider this lag issue as a last nail to the coffin.

Today I had server lag early in the morning. It’s not only at night. I was doing WQs in Broken Isles.

I am having some similar issues! My abilities don’t update combo points, I am still in combat. When I am killed I don’t die, after exiting and logging in, when I come back to my body and accept to be alive again, it’s not updated!!! I am still dead, even though I should not be, It’s completely unplayable. I am having this problem on Alonsus and Twisting Nether. I thought it would be addons as I used to use ElvUI but it happens using standard UI as well.

I am having the same problem, combo points wont show before after I kill mobs, and I have to relog for WQ to be completed. This is with 27 ms world…

This has been an issue for weeks now. Last week I spent over 2 hours exhausting every kind of test (MTR, path, ping, dxdiag, msinfo) with a GM. No issue from my side. I also have around 30-40ms ping, even when it’s clearly lagging.

The funny thing is, over a week ago US GMs confirmed they were having server issues, but we haven’t heard a single peep from EU GMs, so there’s no knowing how long we’ll have to wait for a “fix”

I made a similar thread earlier this month, to no avail here.
(I assume using the words “palpable” and “latency” was a bad move on my part).

Either way…

1. There are people who still can’t distinguish between low framerate, addon-based lag, low ping or wifi-related packet loss AND the issue at hand. This makes it so that threads about the issue are often overflowing with useless reports that they have to filter.
  2. The problem didn’t show up in 8.1. It has been around since the beginning. It was also present to a certain extent in previous expansions but much less noticeable. Currently, it’s very apparent if you’re questing about certain BfA zones, mainly on the alliance side. Tiragarde Sound is, for a lack of a better word, atrocious.
  3. People have used 1-3 seconds to define their lag. That’s likely an overestimation. The delay is around 100~300ms, ten times less, which is awful for someone with a low ping (<30) but still much lower than the reported 3000ms. Count to three. That’s a hell of a long time.
  4. Yes, you are sometimes mounted but the game does not show it. That’s common and likely related to the server-client communication problems we’re seeing here. Or… they’re not. Either way, that’s a “thing” now.

Overall, the problem seems to be more prominent on the alliance side (there have been numerous reports of Tiragarde Sound having that issue, moreso than any other zone). Why that is, again, is beyond me and correlation between this issue and Boralus being “inside” Tiragarde Sound, doesn’t seem to make much sense since I have no problem with any of my Horde characters questing in Zandalar.

An extra detail is that we are unable to measure packet loss to the actual IP we are connected to in-game. The looking glass tool we have for running tracerts isn’t perfect. To be so we’d need to have an active diagnostic tool while using our skills out in the game world. The only people who are able to do that are, assumedly, the developers.

This is also the worst time to expect change. It’s the holidays, and the company is going through a… Uh… “Metamorphosis”… Things have been rough at Blizzard, and with more than 100 people being let go in Ireland, I assume the European support isn’t exactly brimming with activity either.

Overall, we can expect that if they fix things for the US, they will also be fixed on our side. Let’s hope for the best.

Cheers