Strangest Thing You Do To AFK Players?

Some char decided to put himself on follow on me so it didn’t look like he was afk in stromgarde warfront, i couldnt shake him off so I ran into a group of mobs, then bubbled ran away and left him to die.

3 Likes

Now, who’s the coward?

A group of us once rping a biker gang surrounded an afk dwarf in tanaris with revving mechanohogs. Was amusing when he came back and found himself in a middle of a circle of Horde…who then followed him around in a convoy.
I can happily sit next to an afk player with WM on and never feel the urge to kill them, just isn’t sporting.

2 Likes

I turn them into witches.

3 Likes

Gank them, use every toy I can on them before during and after the gank.

1 Like

Oh name calling are you what next threats? Because I have a different standard of conduct and will not lower myself to your level? Grow up you really are being stupid because someone refuses to bite and does not like you for your own much worse version of cowardice. I am done talking to you as of now.

There is nothing sportsmanlike about WPvP. It’s nearly always when one side out numbers the other or has an advantage. We had to go rescue a guildie the other day who was repeatedly killed while levelling (in Legion) by a 120. So he had to do a few quests with two bodyguards until the guy got the message xD.

Similarly a friend and I are levelling in Uldum and I’ve been killed a few times by higher levels. On the other hand twice people have attacked me in the main hub and were killed by the guards.

Some will join in any ongoing fight and others will walk on by, even if someone from their side is in trouble. People are all different :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe you fired the shots first.

I leave the battleground and hope the next one has less or no afkers in it.

Stand over their face and spam the X key.

1 Like

Yep this is why i hate warmode, on pvp servers it did happen. but nowhere as much as it does now. But now the mighty pver can just opt in and out freely to feel good about himself and gank lowbies, then just move to another shard or opt out when it doesnt go his way.

1 Like

I’m increasingly convinced you can tell the gaming experience of a player just by how they act when in wm and seeing an easy kill etc. Those who’ve been around a while, played pvp a lot, pvp realms and so on seem to be those that will ignore a low level or afk player and just wouldn’t be the sort to repeatedly corpse camp. It’s the same with those that are quite clearly just doing a WQ. Let them get on with it and save the heroics for an actual battle.

That is pretty funny. I played on Sylvanas back in BC / WotLK. When I returned in Legion, I played on Sylvanas too. It’s all fair game. If you don’t want any part of it, don’t do wpvp or war mode. It’s not a civil right to do war mode without consequences.

Yes it’s fair game. When low level players are repeatedly being corpse camped or having quest npcs killed etc it isn’t fair game at all. It’s someone being a word I can’t type here and largely amounts to griefing. I recall playing AvP on the Atari Jaguar some years ago. As the predator, if you killed someone from invisibility it was classed as a dishonourable kill. Perhaps if such a thing were implemented where say 10 levels higher than your opponent did the same sort of thing there’d be less of it. Glancing back to the OP however…if you want the talents you take the risk, simple as that.

I don’t do corpse campimg. If I kill someone, I move on. And I don’t usually kill lowbies, cause no one really came with their main. I don’t have any problems with people who corpse camp though.

I don’t kill NPCs though, unless it’s a PvP raid. Last time I killed NPCs were when Horde formed a counter raid to the all the Alliance raid in the docks in Dazar’alor. We ended up destroying some of the nearby bases. It’s not something I usually engage in, as zerging isn’t as fun as going out with a small team or soloing or arenas.

No you stated you kill AFK players I stated to me that’s bad form and something I refrain from doing to people because I don’t see it as sportsmanship and then you attempted to goad me into fighting you in game. I refused because your actions where something I was against and I have no reason or want to fight you at all. You seem to not be able to comprehend that when someone is not interested in stooping down to your level of knowing when it’s cut and dry and they are done talking to you? Are you some spoilt little brat who continues calling others cowards because you think you are some how superior for being a nasty piece of work and killing anyone who is AFK in game? Can you explain why it is you think I am a coward when I stated my reasons for disliking what you do and would not give you the pleasure of fighting me? Or maybe it’s because your too immature to accept that someone has a different set of values and sticks to them no matter what and will not break them to suit your petty small minded views of them.

Coward huh…well thanks for that compliment at least I give people a realistic chance of defending themselves whilst your the REAL coward who is too chicken to fight them head on. Grow up child.

Just to clarify I have been this way before WarMode came along and have been of this mindset in pvp with it on as well. So if anyone wants to accuse me of cowardice because I do the same with WM as I would have done with PVP on that’s hypocritical it’s the same thing just with some things attached that make it more viable. I also do not kill low level characters and have been known to help low level horde out of dire situations of where they happened to be in real trouble as well so say what you like about me to my face but it’s not going to change my play style or the fact I am a decent person who does not stoop to that level.

Personally I’d say it’s more just opportunistic rather than cowardly to kill someone who is afk.

I think it’s far more cowardly when max level characters go around one shotting people who are levelling. They do it because they can, but they aren’t doing anything wrong. If you don’t want to be killed, don’t use WM :slight_smile:

But that’s just my opinion.

While I do agree with that, I do also turn on WM because I’d like some challenge, which means even being chased by a group of many enemies but that won’t one shot me.
Instead, the other day, I was leveling and I met people I could one-shot but I didn’t, cause I wouldn’t like them to do it to me. 10 minutes later I got oneshot a few times from a 120 hunter, and that made me turn wm off cause it just wasn’t fun at all.

I was already planning my pathways and movements to avoid encounters with other players of my same level, and THAT was fun, because I could have a chance to escape if I was careful enough. So yea, I’d support some kind of “wanted” mechanism for unfair kills, which will always happen, but also offer some kind of retaliation in this way, otherwise it’s just a one-way killing which is not that fun if you think about it, when you can’t do anything at all.

0.20 for 10 secs.
this is normally what i do to afk players

1 Like

My friend and I are levelling our Zandalari’s (without exploiting :laughing:) and we were in Stormheim trying to get a bit of the invasion done to level faster. A 120 hunter sat there taking out anyone who was trying to level. Same happened in WoD too while we were flying around gathering treasures. Some just like to do that kind of thing. I can’t see the appeal myself, I’ve had levellers hit me by accident and then they panic because they think I’m going to kill them. Unless they are actually trying to attack me I leave them be.

1 Like