STV event has made BGs obsolete

I don’t know if this was their intention, but as we all know, there is no reason (tangible reason apart from the fun it might involve) to join BGs any more. You “buy” honor, you “buy” rep and on top you get any good items from the event itself when starting.

I am not sure this is a good thing. I go with the current. I play STV even though my main (lock) might be the worst class for this (Along with warriors). But don’t you think it would be better to gain honor by BGs or WPVP? Yes you still can, but with STV in place, BG queues are increasing more and more.

1 Like

The solution is simple, just remove honor token from stv vendor and force them to actually play pvp

Agree… STV is a mess on so many levels right now. Could be so awesome :joy::man_facepalming:

I like it better this way, wish the lumber from STV vendor gave more rep instead of just 200.

1 Like

Less rep farmers in BGs is a good thing. They don’t want to be there and they’re not the kind of people you want on your team.

5 Likes

Wish they add an item similar to lumber so we can get WSG reputation. With current imbalance between Alliance and Horde, playing BGs as Alliance is just a masochistic fantasy.

1 Like

instanced PvP was the worst thing to happen to wow… absolutely killed world PvP in vanilla. STV event is a step in the right direction - just needs fine tuning.
I don’t want to spend 20 minutes queueing for WSG to spend 30 minutes playing for 1000 honor or whatever - the sheer quantity of players in STV event tells you how much that kind of event is desired, and the way in which rewards are acquired. Those players would not be queueing for BG’s lol

1 Like

No way people are participating in STV because it is fun. For now, it is just a much faster way to gain honor and rep. BGs are just torture at this point, so STV seems to be the lesser evil. Nothing involving the event has something to do with fun.

This is actually not true, world and instanced pvp were both full of players in vanilla/classic

Stv event has nothing to do with pvp. It’s a mindless grind fest which requires exactly 0 skill . I’m not surprised why the majority of alliance players like it lol.

They better not to. I don’t wanna rep grinding newbies in my team as well

Yes pretty much. Time to also farm up more coins for the honor tokens so I don’t have to pvp in phase 3 either :sunglasses:

Good riddance
PvP is a diversity minigame in this PvE game. It has always attracted unreasonable amounts of attention among tryhards and, by extension, forum dwellers and devs, causing the game to be designed around the vocal minority of sweats for whom PvP is significant. Any decline of PvP in any form is good for the game’s health

1 Like

Indeed! If anything, world PvP should be incentivised over BG even on normal servers as it can be great fun when you’ve got the PvE and PvP elements together. But that’s all PvP should be, a fun little distraction you can sometimes have a play at like that bandit in the corner of the pub.

2 Likes

Yeah please make BGs obsolete so only the people they want to play it by the book can join them. I repeat, please add STV tokens for WSG rep so people who wants to farm rep can stay away from WSG, and only people who want to enjoy it can queue for WSG, or any other BG.

2 Likes

Bg pvp is bs too. World pvp is real pvp

Lol no one wants to solo queue Vs you and your bis premade team on voice Comms, because you are unable to adapt and play with new players.

Battlegrounds ok once in a while, but get boring fast, and they ain’t worth the wait.

Arena so much better as its almost instaqueue.

The random exploring and ganking, particularly stv was one of the best bits of levelling in wow.

this i completely agree on. im no PvPer and i honestly dont want to be their but as tjhe only bracers that are an upgrade me from wsg i have no choice.

They literally force you to play this and have the best gear in your country?

1 Like