Sub rogues damage

With all dps talents - “find weakness”, “nightstalker”, “dark shadow”, versatility trinket (about 10% dps when used), symbols of death, nightblade on the target, stats priority on mastery, crit, versatility… In PvP I do 6k damage on plate target with Shadowstrike, 17k crit with Eviscerate, 2900 with Backstab, 2300 with autoattacks.
Subtlety spec is completely broken and I hope Blizzard will fix it.
Screenshots:
https://dropmefiles.com/Ac9uf

2 Likes

Your mastery is about 10-20% too low to play sub

but yes its still bad

1 Like

Shadowstrike 6000 abd backstab 2900 not scaling from mastery😂

Sub damage is in evis so irrelevant

Bro, when I mained sublety it did 15k crit eviscerate. I had around 50% mastery. Also sublety has not always only been about eviscerate. I would like shadow strike getting a buff as well. Having to roll assa is really annoying.

I did 25k Evi crit today, @Blizztard fix pls, I can’t have that much dmg with all the cc.

The answer to your issue lies in the spec’s name. Subtlety. You have to be subtle about your way of playing arenas, can’t just deal damage and kill stuff.

Wtf, Blizzard!?

This is Bfa… Expansion of damage.

I miss MoP/WoD Sub.

think most rogues do too. but with how bfa sub is, i really miss legion sub as well.

in terms of numbers, our sustained damage was massively higher in legion. looked at my average backstab at the end of a game the other day and it was 3500. that’s ~1.5% of someone’s health bar. i’m pretty geared. a legion gloomblade was like ~5-8%. you can also do much less of those because energy regen outside of dance was vastly higher in legion.

“just play gloomblade 4head”

thing is, while gloomblade does do more damage than backstab, adding 20% or so to nothing is still nothing.

but no trouble, mop and wod sub had awful sustained as well. surely we make up for it with huge burst!

nope, burst is pretty average at best, on high armor especially. watched nahj 1v1 a holy pally the other day. he had blades (3 minute cd btw), cold blood, dance, symbols, started with kidney. perfect burst with every cooldown. he managed to get the pally to almost 50%. he had to wait until 97% dampening until he could finally kill the pally. he had to run away outside of burst because the pally’s sustained damage was higher than his and was killing him.

in legion dark shadow was 25%, now it’s 15%. in legion we had the option to play with 10% master of subtlety instead of gloomblade, and now we have 3% find weakness. short vanish is gone, phantom assassin is gone, goremaw is gone, dfa is nerfed to unplayability. short vanish in particular was a good change, but we’re left with nothing other than being a stun bot.

sub rogue has too much control to have damage

Did not play too much PvP with it, but the burst potential on single target was crazy. You could actually do things with it

I actually really liked Legion sub; if they reverted to legion or WoD sub I’d be happy. MoP sub wont come back.

When you shadowy duel as sub nowadays its like “If I actually did this to try to kill you, I am probably more likely to die”…

i think sub will be brought back in line around the end of the expansion but not before. I think generally that is what happens. Sub in Legion is a prime example where it was dogcrap to the extent nightblade was your highest damage and you had to spread it in comps like RLS til they reworked it later on.

But yes, everyone except say blindsap wants to play sub in PvP.

oh yeah, duel isn’t an ability to actually duel anybody. if you use it on a dps they’ll gain health with self-healing while killing you. it’s just a put healer in cc while taking yourself out of the game because you’ve used your dance already and you’re not much use anyway so why not turn it into a 2v2 button, kinda like mind control.

Yes, in Legion no one took it either really. I tried it a few times and found you would still be affected by anything AOE related (e.g. they would be healed by aoe spells, I could be CC’d by AOE spells). Afaik that isn’t the case now but you only use it on healers for CC and to try to restealth off.

I guess that’s not an issue but its still hilarious. if assassination had shadowy duel instead, Assa would be well broken.

Up (20 symbols)

i miss TBC and WOTLK Sub !!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.