Subbed only for PvP. Can't find a partner.

Your first and main problem is that you are a ret. Barely anybody would play with a ret. And the fact that you either have at least multi glad achieves or not getting to actually good players community. And even that is full of badly playing elitists. Wow community was always aids compares to other games and Pvp is pretty much dead in this game anyway.
27/10/2018 09:43Posted by Holysiht
Your first and main problem is that you are a ret. Barely anybody would play with a ret. And the fact that you either have at least multi glad achieves or not getting to actually good players community. And even that is full of badly playing elitists. Wow community was always aids compares to other games and Pvp is pretty much dead in this game anyway.

I agree. I see Ret's shortcomings and why they aren't desired hence I you can see that I am leveling an arms warrior at a slow pace there. Still glad I've got that armor set.

Or I guess I'll have to practice pvp healing heavily.

You say pvp is dead? Pops are instant here, try SWTOR where you can do entire quests between arena matches or go bathroom to defecate without missing a game. :/
27/10/2018 10:09Posted by Àlec
27/10/2018 09:43Posted by Holysiht

I agree. I see Ret's shortcomings and why they aren't desired hence I you can see that I am leveling an arms warrior at a slow pace there. Still glad I've got that armor set.

Or I guess I'll have to practice pvp healing heavily.

You say pvp is dead? Pops are instant here, try SWTOR where you can do entire quests between arena matches or go bathroom to defecate without missing a game. :/

Pvp used to be big part of the game,but blizz sont give a f about it in last few years. Every patch or expansion pvp is worse and worse. Its always their last priority,even behind pokemons. So guess why every pvper quit the game or turned into pve. I can tell you that my friendlist gone offline in few weeks of bfa,most of them were pvp players,only some pve guys left,cant blame them. I got to 2300 and it was harder to get proper teams since then,the fact that i cant control my character 70% of the game is annoying af and theres literally zero balance attempt from blizz,so i gave up.logging in only to finish mythic ghuun i promised to my guild and playing PoE meanwhile.
? rets are good atm wth are you talking about ?

Best advice though is to play a healer. its way easier to find teams and people will add u and play with u if you heal them and are decent at the game.

MY honest best advice is to find another game to play.
you'll need to make sure you use all your advantages.

Farm your ilvl up, dabble in PVE if you have to. WQs too.

Stick to ret/war or ret/hunter.

Else go prot and play something cheesy like prot/war

without a high ilvl, good dps(make sure you are perfect on that burst rotation/sustained too) and finally achieves! they need to be farmed it'll feel horrible.

Do you have the 3 set azerite for ret for mastery on wings?
#SOLOQ GIMME THAT SOLO QUE M A DU DE
Soloqueue arenas has indeed pros and cons

but soloqueue rated 6v6 have literally zero reasons to not exist
Your not missing much mate the game right now is absolutely toilet and has a handful of classes running around killing each other in 1-2 globals. The pvp numbers are plummeting for obvious reasons.

Game use to be a great and aimed at a mature gaming audience. Now its a dumbed down pile of sh!t aimed at primary school children with special needs.
27/10/2018 16:46Posted by Baboonman
Your not missing much mate the game right now is absolutely toilet and has a handful of classes running around killing each other in 1-2 globals. The pvp numbers are plummeting for obvious reasons.

Game use to be a great and aimed at a mature gaming audience. Now its a dumbed down pile of sh!t aimed at primary school children with special needs.

I am not here defend newbies but some mature players are like 5 times in pvp worse than kids from school. No, i am not one of them :)

Players ages have nothing to do with what current game is.

It's harder to find arena mate that it used to be. There are less players and when you finally find mate you realize his 2200/2400 achivement was eanred 3-5 years ago and he got 1k games at 1700 rating now.

There are also tons of liars that add even 200 cr to their rating so you must check every single guy. Oh there are people that you cant rly check because you cant even write their name :D
gimme soloque
Well, anyone to play with me who is capable of reaching 2400 and would be up to play with me? :p
26/10/2018 20:18Posted by Aléc
I subscribed to WoW to get into its arenas after SWTOR's pvp died. Also aesthetics of new armor set really appealed to me and I am feeling really glad that I was able to get the plate transmog.

I was looking to play arenas and achieve high rating. Actually aiming for 2400+. Maining Retribution Paladin (rather capable in protection, despite its shortcomings, too). My sub is running out and without a good partner dedicated and ambitious enough to reach Rank 1 I have no reason to come back. I'd like to come back.

I have reached 1800 with a Rogue after just a month of playing WoW but he stopped playing arenas once he's got the armor set he wanted. I got stuck, been trying out healing and tanking with random people and fell down 300 points since then. I have no stable partner and most people using lfr tool are absolutely garbage with their attitudes, lack dedication and skill or are just conquest farmers who don't give a darn. I am fed up with either receiving random invites without people reading notes, them lying about their CR, not using voice despite being asked to in a note or being delisted for activity because barely anyone wants to play with a Ret paladin but conquest farmers.

I am really struggling finding someone to play and improve with. I have watched and read dozen guides on my class and other classes (for the sake of counters), practiced for hours and lost sleep because I want to get good.

I am playing WoW for little less than 2 months at this stage so I don't have that magical exp everyone is asking about but I have achieved 1815 CR within a month in a non-fotm comp. I have extensive experience PvP tanking and dpsing from SWTOR which is a very similar game with its mechanics. I was within top 10 Jedi Guardians/Sith Juggernauts every single arena season reaching my apex with top 3 in the world for Season 7.

I am hardly an elitist. I don't use strong language, I am not a rager or rage quitter. I am sperg that's aiming high and seeks someone of a similar mindset who isn't in it for casual gaming and is willing to put in more effort than your average player.

I have an Alliance Paladin on Euro servers. Please hit me up @ SirFortescue#2515 if you're interested in a fast-learning, dedicated, ambitious and decent Paladin for a viable composition.

man you found the wrong game to lose your sleep for.also pvp is dead here as well
How is it dead if it pops within 5 seconds?!
I can't find people at low cr on alt ele sham, I don't even ask of them to have high xp...
27/10/2018 22:53Posted by Sakkre
I can't find people at low cr on alt ele sham, I don't even ask of them to have high xp...

Don't worry I cant find any on a main elemental shaman either.
27/10/2018 09:27Posted by Lksn
That is how the game is for last 3 expansions no matter what your class is.If you have no dedicated friends who will only play with you or if you have no spicy achivs to get you in groups.You wont be going above 2k.I am solo player and I really understand your struggle.But I assure you this wont change so dont waste your money with keeping your hopes up mate.Play something else or make one of your friends start wow.

sad truth yeah. I got 2600 on my priest and 2400 on my druid / shaman healers during legion pretty much exclusively through pugging and during those grinds I still never ended up with a team that wanted to play longterm.

as a healer it's easier to find groups for sure but the lack of any longevity still sucks and makes it so boring and untempting to even log on and play
27/10/2018 23:17Posted by Dameg
27/10/2018 09:27Posted by Lksn
That is how the game is for last 3 expansions no matter what your class is.If you have no dedicated friends who will only play with you or if you have no spicy achivs to get you in groups.You wont be going above 2k.I am solo player and I really understand your struggle.But I assure you this wont change so dont waste your money with keeping your hopes up mate.Play something else or make one of your friends start wow.

sad truth yeah. I got 2600 on my priest and 2400 on my druid / shaman healers during legion pretty much exclusively through pugging and during those grinds I still never ended up with a team that wanted to play longterm.

as a healer it's easier to find groups for sure but the lack of any longevity still sucks and makes it so boring and untempting to even log on and play

This is my problem too. Even if i have high multiclass xp, i find ppl to play with,but even with good winloss rstio,we never get back together. And playing with randoms all the time just isnt fun for me.
27/10/2018 23:56Posted by Holysiht
This is my problem too. Even if i have high multiclass xp, i find ppl to play with,but even with good winloss rstio,we never get back together. And playing with randoms all the time just isnt fun for me.

indeed. role doesn't seem to matter much in the grand scheme (hehe) of things, healers just cycle through the groups faster.

granted I do find it easier to climb as a healer because you get better teammates on average and much faster groups, but whats the point when you'll inevitably reach a point where personal skill won't let you climb much more because the synergy and coordination of real teams outshines it.
27/10/2018 22:44Posted by Àlec
How is it dead if it pops within 5 seconds?!

This is their algorithm doing it.not the participation.if theres at least 5-6 teams queing it will pop up in seconds
I'll play with you. I'm around 1500 rating. Write me!