Submitting a ticket

When I press submit to send a ticket to Blizz, there comes a next screen up that says: BEFORE SUBMITTING A TICKET, TRY THE FOLLOWING: bla bla bla, some random quest mentioned and whatnot.

I strongly fear that Blizz is missing out on many helpful tickets when the programmes does this. After pressing submit most wow-players are very eager to return to the game in-game, so they X down the Customer Suppoort window before they even see that there comes up a next window and the ticket has not been submitted properly yet.

So you should take this Next Screen away blizz and let the first submit be the real submit.

A lot of tickets can be resolved by players themselves without needing support.

1 Like

Yes, but it is more important that Blizzard does not miss out on a ticket regarding a problem where they dont have the full overview, dont you agree ?

I’m afraid I don’t agree, lots of tickets are still submitted where people have not tried to even google the issue themselves to see if they can resolve it themself.

Encouraging players to try to find a solution first is a good step. The system doesn’t block you from making a ticket. If you need assistance it’s still possible.

1 Like

Yes, but valuable information might be lost for Blizzard, and that is the great concern, dont you agree ?

Tickets aren’t there to give Blizzard information, that’s what the ingame bug and suggestions are for, tickets are to get help. If you have a ticket open for anything else you should close it.

3 Likes

Among other things tickets are also there to give Blizzard help, so you are wrong (again).

I’ve no idea where you got that from but you are the one who is wrong. Tickets don’t go anywhere near anyone who has anything to do with making the game, and they don’t forward any information you give to those people.

So it’s literally wasting your time and the support who answer the tickets.

1 Like

You really think Blizzard don’t know what you do?

I have never seen any proof of that, in fact this very forum tells you how to give Blizzard information and it’s not via a ticket.

Edit: there are exceptional circumstances where the Devs get involved but they are things like rebuilding a broken character or something very serious. But they are given the information by a high up CS rep, not via a ticket.

2 Likes

I know the ways blizzard can get information, but you seem to think you know something they don’t.

Remember, a lot of them actually play the game too, since you don’t mention it I can only assume it’s trivial.

1 Like

What kind of information do you even mean??
What information could a normal player have that Blizzard doesnt and is seemingly SO important?

1 Like

Hey Rivendale,

The purpose of the section that you mention on the website is to provide players a way to find a solution to their issue without having to contact us. It also helps us spend more time on more complicated issues, that players can’t resolve themselves.

If there is an important issue that we should be aware of, we’ll usually receive tickets or contacts on social media about it anyway, whether or not the site offers self help solutions. :wink: