Suggestion about Malfurion "future" (Possible Spoilers)

Hello . I would like to leave a small suggestion about how to deal with Malfurion.

It seems that from the leaks blizzard intends to get “rid” of him in some way . It is explained some of the other post around .

I would suggest the following. Instead of straight of killing him and reviving Ysera , why not go the “Pirates of the Caribbean way” .

Aka .
Malfuron and Ysera strike a deal with the Winter Queen .
For every day Ysera spends on Azeroth , Malfurion stays in Ardenweald for a ten years (or some other value) .
Ysera uses this time to help her Dragonflight overcome challenges and prepare a successor . After she is done she goes back to sleep .
Ysera can be summoned at times of crisis .
After all is done both Malfurion and Ysera go back to being “the Dreamers” .
They both become “powerful cooldowns” for the elves and the green dragons , with a vibe of sacrifice .
Tyrande goes back to waiting for her husband to wake up .

We leave a gap there where Malfurion can be called back to action at some “cost” in case another Archimonde/Garrosh stops using foreign fossil fuels and decides he needs more firewood for his home in the coming winter .

How about Ysera is left in the shadowland.
And Malfurion and Tyrande lead the night elves to a glorious new future through war and savageness!

Ysera’s death was good, it was emotional, sad and impactful, should be left as is.
Write a new future for Mal and Tyr.
Let them lead the Night elves into Feralas, have them clean out and take over Diremaul, make it into the new nelf capitol with the forces of nature! Hell, make the retaking of Diremaul the heritige armor quest for the nelves. Have the nelves muster up a force of nature, an army of the wild, filled with Anciants, Treeants, Dryads, Furbolgs and night elves. have them destroy the horde camps in the wood and start to reclaim the lands up north.
I am a hordie fanboiiii for life. but at this point I just feel sorry for the nelves, and the alliance, they dont feel like a worthy enemy, they feel weak.
I want the alliance to have their pride and strenght back so we can have good rude bants!

1 Like

It’s hard to say what they should do here, when I don’t really understand what they are trying to accomplish in the first place. Are they trying to keep character power under control, (when it never was before…), and thus trying to avoid adding more power into the Azeroth pool? Are they trying to give Malfurion’s character arc a satisfying ending? Are they using this kinda-death to motivate the development of other characters like Tyrande? Do they have a plot point planned that either needs Malfu in Ardenweald or just not on Azeroth? Are they just sarificing Malfu for an emotional cinematic moment? Do they have a cooler replacement druid leader in the works that needs Malfu to step away to shine?

I really have no idea. But it feels cheap and pointless to me.

1 Like

10 year cooldown?
May as well make it a fun toy.

But in all seriousness. This kind of comes down to the whole Shadowlands crap again. Because you could have a hotline for Ysera.
Ring ring. Hello it’s Ysera a 10 minute portal ride away.
Let her kid be the one in charge and have a magic bs staff that can communicate with her made out “The first bloom of the new world tree” Or some soppy stuff.

What Thelerin said.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.