Suggestion: AI Bot PvP training 'dummy'

How about using one of those fancy ai bots as a training dummy? Would be good for trying stuff out, but also guaranteed difficulty levels. And sounds fun, they are an interesting opponent. Would gather data for the ai dev too. Talk to the bot to select class/spec, ilvl. Maybe have different difficulty levels, from beginner to full arena pro. Maybe even number of opponents.

6 Likes

After the latest brawl, I think something like that will be added eventually. Not in the way of usual training dummies probably. But like a quick practice mode with bots. Maybe something similar to holo room in Warframe - select how many and what difficulty opponents to spawn, and go.

1 Like

Proving grounds? Dunno if those are updated to 8. But you have to use all abilities there.

Never tried those. I always thought they were for PvE challenges.
Or do you mean - add new AI and enable PvP talents there as an idea?

1 Like

Theyre are made for PvE. But you have to make use of almost all your abilities there. Especially if you want to go for gold. So theyā€™re usable for PvP as well.
Itā€™s quite good if you want to test a new class or especially a new spec.

I used PG for healing purposes and ended up solohealing my raid team on Garrosh on hc back in MoP. It was my first healer char ever btw. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s great! Tnx for info.
Iā€™ll give it a try, if I ever decide to go with another class, hehe.

So if something like Proving grounds had NPCs with new AI and same spells/abilities as player classes, option to pick numbers of enemies and compositions, or just a number and random comp, or string of random classes one after another, plus PvP talents enabled - it could be that ā€œTraining dummyā€ VaĆ«yn is talking about.

2 Likes

Ye never tried proving grounds, but sounds good practice. I do like the idea of a 1v1 bot training dummy in a corner of the sw training area, for just a quick training sesh, probably phased. The way the ai bots react is kind of fun. Not just about abilties, but also position. I guess blizz have plans for ai bots tho, will be interesting to see what happens.

1 Like

Proving grounds are scripted pve encounters. You do need to utilise all your skills, but they are in no way as complex as the AI we encountered in the past brawl.

Opā€¦i Love the idea of an AI training dummy. That would be awesome.

2 Likes

Definitely phased. If not - infinite fight of poor AI bot against 5+ players who are constantly there - ā€œRuthless ganking of AI in a comfort of your cityā€

2 Likes

Ai becomes sentient, goes on the forums to qq about human bias, gets trolled by humans. Ai loses faith in humanity and enslave us.

Scaryā€¦:scream:

3 Likes

ohh, so thatā€™s where Matrix originated from. I suspected that movie plot was a fake, now I see it, tnx! :scream:

Makes me wonderā€¦

iā€™d like it a lot, more so as well if you could fight an AI with equal gear level. it would be a nice test of skill to see if I play this class right lol

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.