[Suggestion] Put an ilvl requirement for random bgs

The old system made sense for new to players to get gear since there were pvp vendors where you could spend your honor points to get gear.
Nowadays it’s all about rng, and the most reliable way to get gear for end game pvp is pve (which is whole another issue).

My conclusion is, we either need pvp vendors back or ilvl requirements put in place for random bgs.

2 Likes

Bringing pvp vendors back will remove mythic key players from bgs again. Because pvp gear has pvp resilience rating. Even if you will have 420 ilvl on 8.1 patch for example with mythic keys. You will be unwanted player. Enemy can single handedly kill you with your high end key gear.

1 Like

Good.

Great

Fantastic

3 Likes

lol you are saying those like I’m pve player , I only pvp.

But when mythic key players will be removed from bgs with lack of pvp resilience rating on their armors. Queue times will be twice longer.

I am totally on the train for pvp gear to be superior in pvp when compared to pve. And ofc vice versa.

Oh and bring the pvp Vendors back already!

5 Likes

So no vendors or exclude people from a casual part of the game ?

Sounds fair and balanced.

I assume what you actually meant was an iLevel cap in Random BGs so everyone is capped at say 420 or whatever?

Nope, I meant if you are freshly dinged lvl 120 you can’t queue battlegrounds since you cant contribute much. Hence required minimum ilvl to join random bgs -for example 360 ilvl or something.

There is already a huge HP and gear gap between newly dinged players and those who are fully geared so it would make sense to put minimum ilvl needed to queue random bgs.

LMAO - OK.

So Bliz do their utmost to stop gear gaps in levelling BG by effectively capping gear ( stopping Twinks entering BG’s ) , but you want a gear entry level for random ( casual ) BG’s?

C’mon PvP has always been “unfair” after first dinging max level, your way would actually force people to gear via alternative routes in order to take part in casual content.

With no ilevel barriers to rated your way could end up with people having to do rated ( for gear ) before doing random BG’s …… That just doesn’t make sense.

I want system changed cause there is no reliable way to get geared in random battlegrounds, its all behind layers of RNG and since the gear rewards you get from random BG wins scales with your current ilvl, it would take you loads of games won to gear that way.

I’m just pointing out that that system made sense when everyone could queue with fresh characters. You could spend your honor for pvp gear, and you can’t now.

What doesn’t make sense is the removal of pvp vendors.

I agree that not having a true PvP gearing route as in the past with it’s own vendors is problem for those wanting to gear through PvP, but putting a bar on entry to entry level PvP isn’t a fix either.

Gear is pretty much thrown at you in 8.2 so getting to i400 is relatively straight forward, and imo is enough not to be a target dummy in a random

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.