Suggestions for upgrade from GTX 660

Hello, I am from India. I have the following PC components right now and I have saved $400 (INR 33,000) hoping to upgrade some components (specially the GPU). If someone could suggest what the right upgrade would be I’d be highly obliged. Other than study, I play only World of Warcraft on my PC and my sister edits some videos for YouTube.

Processor: i5-9600K
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z390 AORUS ELITE-CF
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000 C16 2x8GB
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 250GB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012)
GPU: Nvidia GTX 660 (bought in 2014)
SMPS: Cooler Master 725W (bought in 2012)
Monitor - HP 24w (1080p, 60 Hz)

Add - My SMPS has been making some weird sounds the last few years and the GPU fans often shut down on their own even when I am playing. While I do not notice anything when doing my note-making, the screen freezes at times even when I play World of Warcraft on the lowest settings and it is hard to edit videos. What upgrade would be good to do on this system with $400?

I thank you for your help and time, have a wonderful day.

I don’t really know anything about the hardware prices in India, so i’m just gonna make some general recommendations around this price point.

Although Nvidia has less problems in WoW, the value of their lower tier GPUs is much worse than AMD.
So if you want to play new AAA games too, then i would go AMD and get a 12GB RX 6700 XT if it fits your budget.

The cheapest one for 1080/60 would be a RX 6600 and then maybe get a new power supply too (10 years is kinda old and especially if it makes weird noises, probably not worth risking it damaging your hardware).

Then there are the cards inbetween 6600 XT, 6650, or a newer 7600.

For Nvidia there is only one, the 3060 12GB, which is not as good value but best if you prefer Nvidia features such as DLSS and better stability in WoW (there are some big problems with AMD in 10.2).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.