Suggestions to make Elemental more viable Raid & M+

The biggest problem for Elemental in M+ and VOI is its long ramp-up time for AoE, it’s incapability of doing solid ST and AoE in the same talent specc and its low survivability.

Concrete suggestions for Blizzard to consider 10.0.5 / 10.1 to give Elemental some love:

1. Make Earthquake deal damage quicker - increased burst;
Currently Earthquake is 7 ticks for 7 seconds; change either to 7 ticks over 3-4 seconds or 3 ticks for 3 seconds. This way, Earthquake is slightly burstier and more viable when Tank kites mobs in M+ or raid encounters where adds move a lot.

2. Increase Earthquake AoE ;
A simple suggestion to increase the area of Earthquake so it hits more mobs and doesn’t make Ellys loose all their DPS when tank kites.

3. Elemental needs a quick Flameshock spreader like Enha Lava Lash!;
Liquid Magma Totem is the closest thing but has 1 min cooldown. The ramp-up time for Ele AoE is too long. Enhancement can Primordial Wave + LL + Lightning Bolt for 300k+ burst AoE. Why not Elemental?

4. Add Electrified Shocks as baseline ability;
Another suggestion to give the high DPS single Fire/Ice Fury build more light AoE cleave - would help a lot on fights like Broodlord and Dathea adds.

5. Find another way to give Elemental burst-AoE;
And not 5-10 second ramp up time AoE. Elemental fire build AoE is something like this 0. Stormkeeper

1. Liquid Magma
  2. Primordial Wave
  3. Lava Burst
  4. EarthQuake
  5. CL
  6. EarthQuake x2
  7. CL
  8. EarthQuake x2

This deals ENORMOUS damage if, and only if, mobs stay alive and stationary during the rotation. In 90% of the cases, DHs and WW monks have already cleaved down all the mobs before half of this rotation is complted.

6. Give Sundering to Elemental;
Edited of course to give range. Please Blizzard, I just want this quick burst-AoE when adds pop up and raidleader screams to kill adds quickly. Please, just that 1 button “BOOM” for spiders in Shadowmoon Burial Grounds, that 1 button big AoE that virtually all speccs have except like Elly.

7. Elemental needs survivability!;
Give insta-heal similar to 5-stack maelstrom weapon Enhancement Healing Surge. Give another defensive to Astral Shift. Elemental is so squishy it’s brutal. I would say that the squishiness of Elemental is the main reason I decided to main Enhancement, I just CBA to always die in M+ from slightest mistake while almost every other class (Warlock, WW, Pala, etc.) have significant abilities to heal themselves. As Enha, I can always Primordial Wave + Healing Surge back to almost full. As Ele, bye bye.

Feedback on Elemental - late end HOV HC and high-key M+;

I really want to play Elemental. I’ve tried my best to go Elemental despite all odds. But like so many other shamans (except Petko), I now have switched to Enhancement. Should it be like this?

Elemental is a very good example of a specc that is theoretically extremely good. It looks good in sims. I hit harder on target dummys than with Enhancement. I sim higher than with Enhancement. That’s theory. In the “real” world of VOI and M+, it doesn’t work like that.

• Heavy movement fights
  • Adds that get killed in 1-2 seconds by DHs and WW monks / Fury Warrs
  • Tank kiting big packs (e.g. Nokhud Offensive) making Earthquake do only 30-40% of its damage
  • Cooldown-reliant AoE
  • Problems with ST-only or AoE-only talent builds; inability to do ST + Light Cleave like e.g. Enhancement Elementalist
  • Elemental is probably among the squishiest classes together with Devastation

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.