Survival Hunter Solo Shuffle... Damage lacking?

Hi everyone,

Just leveled a Survival Hunter and have full honor gear. In terms talents, stats etc. I followed Bigmax (mistyping?)'s guide.

And what I’ve noticed is that my damage, compared to Boomkins, WWs, DHs, Arms is always lower. Further, the spec feels like a Mage playing against MM. Even with both SOTF and Roar up, WWs just rip through me.

Switched MM a few times and its just… days and night. The difference is insane. I do more damage, can actually get a kill, can kite more effectively (meaning, doing damage while kiting).

Is this normal in shuffle? I geniuenly can’t figure it out and am open to tips.

From what I can tell, Warriors, WW Monks, DHs, and Warlocks… are STUPIDLY overpowered this patch. :confused:

It’s honestly extremely discouraging to play your favourite class, when you have disgustingly overpowered FOTM classes like those…

So no… the issue isn’t “SV Hunter having low dmg”… it’s that a handful of other classes are in dire need of balancing. :grimacing:

Best advice is to “just deal with it”, or swap to one of those classes.

Fotm classes
Dmg - Check
Mobility - Check
Self heals - Check
Survivability - Check

Hunter
Dmg - Check
Mobility - No
Self heals - No
Survivability - No

Thats the sad reality. Other classes far surpasses us in everything, even in dmg which is the only thing a hunter has.

We dont have enough tools to deal against 2 DPS either in 3s and solo. Against coordinated double melees in 3s its just a slaughterhouse for us. My advice go with 2s with rdruid everything becomes easier. Go 2s and try to master your spec in that bracket, avoid enemy burst by kiting with traps/cc.

Surv/MM are specs with highest skillcap of all existing specs in-game. Though MM is easy to play in BGs but in arena its just another level of hardmode…

Edit: BLIZZ PLEASE WE ARE IN DIRE NEED OF BUFFS!!! Stop buffing us with some random 10% extra dmg. Our defensives need a COMPLETE rework. Turtle HAS to be 1.30min cd and also heal us for at least 50% hp. And allow us to attack in turtle.

Exhil needs a rework aswell down to 30 sec like rogues, warrs and all other classes have heals at 30sec cd or less which is insane! We need Spirit Bond back 2% passive heal every second like back in the days when we had it. Disengage has to be 3x charges or at least 2x since we dont have mobility AT ALL. All melees have 5 different ways to connect to us and we have 1x disengage lmao. I swear if I was a dev working at their stinky f useless office I would fix our class so good no hunter will complain for their rest of their lifes.

1 Like

After some more research, and seeing others compare SV Hunter… yes, SV Hunter damage IS lacking. :confused:

Swapped to MM, and no longer have the same issues… Which is unfortunate since SV is my main spec.

But seeing SV is bad, and other classes like DH and Warrior are incredibly buffed this patch… I gotta put SV on the shelf until classes are differently balanced.

Yeeeeeeeeep! :+1:

Completely agree on the rework. Maybe some of these suggestions are slightly over the top, like turtle healing us for 50% as well, on top of the already amazing 1.30 min CD.

But we are in DIRE need of more healing based defensives… :sweat_smile: Reducing damage taken like we have now, for example how Feign Death or Roar of Sacrifice does it, are great :+1: but a class can’t do continuous combat without heals… A 2% passive heal every sec, or maybe making Mending Bandage baseline for all specs while not making it a channel…

Swap for our 3.5 minute bubble…

What type of hunter are you playing??

The type of Hunter that farms Horde at the graveyard so he doesn’t really need mobility, self heals or survivability.

:smile: :laughing: :smile: :smiley: You made me laugh…

I cant change my forum char so i write with this sorry.

A few weeks ago I opened a similar topic that they ruined our 3rd Hunter class.
Giving a set bonus for a full useless aoe spell was the worst decision ever.

Nevermind.

Ppl told me that the rotation will change but the main thing will be the same: Keep up the dots, trap, interrupt and give a 45 sec Pool dmg.

But the problem is… we have no survivability.

We have a 3 min cd DMG reduction spell, we have no heal without a pet, roar is good but… y know… dont help against some characters.

So now, the survival hunter is the hardest to play in the whole game maybe affliction is much more hard.

No survival anymore.

But i play with this constantly, but if i have to tell you how much spell i have to do about 70k dps: at least details give us 10 top dmg spell :smiley:

With my elem? 80% of my dmg is lavaburst.

Most of the classes has an automatic dmg dealing spell (DK’s necromantic idk the name, DH-s Rog Secret Tech, WW MASTERSY??? WTF :smiley: )

We, if they hitting us, we have to kite, run, trap, run, silence, stun, and hard to stay alive.

Warrior has contantly about 80k dps in us they has a tons of 55% dmg reduction etc.

Not fair.

But i have to say, you have to get 4 th set bonus and your dmg will grow up instantly.
If they dont kill me on clothier classes I do about 80-90k dps to a single target.

To a plater player I do about 40k dps.

1. Really sad for cloth players.
  2. Really sad to me, cause for the melees I am a free kill :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.