Survival Spec - Honest opinions needed

I want honest opinions on the Surv spec. For PVE, but mainly PVP.

If / When I do manage to come across a Surv hunter in the world, I ask how they feel and I mostly receive positive feedback. Yet I seem to see / hear quite a lot of negativity on the internet.

So hopefully some of you can spare me a minute of your time and give me your opinions.

I know it quite difficult to learn, thats fine. But Is it Viable? Rewarding? and most of all FUN?

It is plenty strong for raids and m++ (may not be the best for top end key pushibg, but then again… Only a few specs are)

It is also fantastic in pvp if you are not a brain dead mongoloid

1 Like

What? :joy::joy::joy: you know I’m one of the best DPS in my guild and all I do is smashing my keybinding number 2 (mongoose bite) and I’m no kidding there. SV only looks difficult but once you understand the basics it is the easiest spec I’ve ever tried among all the classes.

Check YouTube guides :blush: I think Marcellian has a good one

It’s not as easy as the two other players are saying, but it isn’t exactly that hard either.

Just keep serpent up, but don’t sacrifice 5 stacked mongoose fury to apply it. Finish your mongoose window then serpent, though if you are running out of focus and KC isn’t up then sacrifice mongoose for serpent. REALLY important if you have Latent.

If you are playing Blur of Talons and BoP then you just want to go full mongo during coordinated assault. Prioritise mongoose over everything else.

Playing wildfire, you have to adjust your abilities over the buff of the bomb. Don’t use poinson, until ~2 seconds left of serpent, don’t use Sharpnel unless you have at least 70-75 focus to spam mongoose for three stack bleed. Do not use Pheromone bomb unless you are low on focus AND KC is off CD.

In PvP is really where things can get hairy, but not bad. Simply because you have to use a lot of utility and you may not have the chance to do many things, because the situation doesn’t allow it. Simple things like just bursting may be off the table, because your pet is LoS. Basically your pet becomes a hinderence.

GL though, SV needs a lot of work imo, but others find it fine. Maybe you will too.

Its simple. Complainers go to the forum and people that enjoy it keep playing. I’m mostly here to spectate.

Depending on your talents you go from a 3 button to a 2 button rotation, just like DH just less OP in every situation.

Negative aspect aside, Surv is a fun specc with great mobility and damage, although very dependant on haste to really shine in PvE. Can’t really comment a whole lot on pvp side as its not what I particuly enjoy in BfA, but im sure you can get some answers from others.

Overall it’s a viable specc in both PvE and PvP (being the better of the 3 for PvP iirc), but has it’s draw backs in two different stat prios for content. Rewarding is a personal opinion as is fun, personally it’s more fun than reward due to the simplicity of mashing Mongoose Bite to win.

u overestimate the difficulty of other speccs xD… moved about classes alot since they butchered survival in BFA Launch… and tbh its hard to find anything that is remotely difficult anymore.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.