Survival Spec - question

I made and levelled a new Hunter to 120. I am quite new to in BfA. Apart from a few upgraded “Bethnics” and a weapon I manage to collect, the toon has currently rather basic gear.

Yesterday, I tried the Surv spec. I usually DoT a target with Serpent Sting (SS) and Wildfire Bomb (WB) but then there is a choice between Serpent Sting (SS) or Mongoose Bite (MB). What I mean by this is SS adds a DoT, up to 10 stacks, which can be consumed by the MB, which does some extra nature damage. MB also adds a buff: every next application of MB hits harder up to 5 times. The buff itself is not prolonged by the skill and expires quite fast. Not sure what my rotation should be. I could spam MB and keep low number of stack of SS or use MB on 10 stacks of SS and not to care much about MB buff.

What would be your advice on that? Thanks.

Ideally you should prioritize Mongoose Bite and KC over SS, even with Latent Poison as a Trait.

Here’s the Icy-veins guide which should answer any questions you should have in regards to talents, rotation and stat priority.
https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/survival-hunter-pve-dps-guide

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.