Survival tactics - what will be dispelled?

Hey guys,

I think I found 2 pvp talents that I like for my hunter, roar of sacrifice and chimaeral sting but Im not sure about third talent. I was thinking about survival tactics but Im not sure what will be dispelled. I know that it can dispell some of the warlock curses, even UA which is cool but what else? When you use feign death to dispell? I need more information, which debuffs exactly from each class can be dispelled? When exactly you use it to dispell wich effect? Experienced hunters, please share you knowledge :smiley:

Frost nova, entangling roots, all priest dots but devouring plague, all lock dots but curse of agony, all boomkin dots no exception, paladin slow, basically every magic effect.

Also note that it reduces dmg by 90% for a split second so that when it dispells unstable affliction for example, it does not one shot you

Thank you very much :slight_smile: And can it dispel paladins final reckoning debuff too? +50% damage from holy power abilities for 8s? And what about dk and dh? When to use it when fighting against them?

Against DH, you should watch out to Feign Death into their Hunt ability foremost.

In prepatch, you could give yourself some breathing room by dispelling their dots from Soulrend, but that is no longer the case. Against DK, mot of their debuffs are a disease, you can dispel Chains of Ice slow, but don’t waste it.

No, final reckoning is not a magic debuff, it cannot be dispelled neither by feign death, nor by your healer.

Against frost DK, you should dispell the remorseless winter stacks before it stuns you. Against unholy, nothing of significance.

Not quite related to this, but to all hunters reading:

Do NOT take Wilderness Medicine talent against affliction, spriest and ele LOL

Another tip: use interlope in stealth against SP and Affli - this way when you open and they see you, their mortal coil, soul swap, or priest stun end up on the pet instead :joy:

Found out another thing, apparently, you get Tenacity of the bear even if you dont have a pet out, so i guess it make Lone Wolf a bit better.

Honestly man, MM is already creeping into 1 tapping people with DT Rapid Fire combo and tomorrow buff is really pushing it…

Currently the biggest burst i’ve managed to pull off:

Get Deathblow proc into Double Tap Rapid Fire Kill shot with full Unnering Vision stacks. Rapid fire ticks were critting for 20k, Kill Shot critted 100k on full honor gear targets, and all this was with pet out.

It is kind of insane.

And I found MM to be really good at kiting, by having 1 extra tool compared to other specs, which is Bursting shot. We still get danked on in stuns, but i’ve got used to that by now.

Don’t think MM will be bad at all in coming season.

1 Like

Mewithoutyou - "Another tip: use interlope in stealth against SP and Affli " What do you mean with “interlope?” I dont understand :slight_smile:

Jamais - yeah, dt combo with rapid fire deal signigicant damage. That was one of my discoveries with mm hunter :smiley: But still, after trying some more classess I feel like hunter is lacking in defensive abilities department and is an underdog class.

2 more questions:
Will survival tactics dispel priest mind games?

And second one. Do you have any tips vs ww monk? Especially as a survival but I’ll also appreciate marksman tips. I feel like mm will have better chances than survi. Its probably weaker spec in general but I just like hybrid playstyle and want it to work if possible :slight_smile:

Interlope is a pvp talent that turns your pet into a grounding totem.

Vs ww monk, use roar of sacrifice or trinket on each stun, root all the clones with tar trap. As Mm you can oneshot the monk in a stun - wait for kill shot proc, then your go is: explosive shot, death chakram, stun into double tap rapid fire into kill shot. As survival you can only kill monk at range during coordinated assault.

Yes, you can and should dispel mindgames with feign death. Save it for it

How the f do you have 3 gems on your neck ? XD

You can use the neck enchant 3 times - once with one-star quality, then with 2-star quality and finally with 3-star quality, the last costing about 20k gold unfortunately, but I’ll probably stick to this neck for quite some time until I get a conquest piece so I though it was worth it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.