Survival: Why not just buff mastery

So the state of SV atm is that we have good AoE damage(with leggo), poor ST, and our pets die too fast in PvP. Common complaint is that we also lack a gimmick or burst, but imo the former is (much)bigger than the spec and the latter might not even be a problem(it’s a design choice) so ignoring those, let’s just look at the skills for clarity and for those that play other specs.

These skills do not scale with mastery:
Kill Command
Wildfire Bomb/Wildfire Infusion
Flanking Strike
Steel Trap
Wild Spirits
Resonating Arrow

These skills do:
Raptor/Mongoose Strike
Viper’s Sting
Kill Shot
Carve/Butchery
Murder of Crows
Chakram

Right, so as far as i’m aware, despite this the increase we get from each point of mastery is too small to justify stacking it. But if they’d increase the effect of each point of mastery, it would improve our ST damage, make some rarely picked talents more attractive, slightly boost ours and our pets survivability and it would also be better switching between specs allowing people to give it a try. All the while not even touching the skills that are performing well or better. Except Flanking Strike. Which is still pants.

It seems like such a simple change and feel like they have to be aware of this, would it throw that big of a wrench into the works?

2 Likes

Small correction, with the change to Flayed Shot it won’t be scaling with Mastery either.

Hi,

What do you mean with buff mastery? cause so far we have an extra passive mastery given to us and it is also the least needed secondary stats.
I would rather have a boost in crt/versa (I won’t see them boosting haste)

I would rather think that boosting a secondary stat like that shows that they know we are lacking something, and would be better to boost spells instead of stats which I find weird

Cus the effect of each point is too weak, so i think they should buff the effect mastery has. Say just for example, if we’d get 1% more damage from 10 mastery we’d with a buff get 2% instead.

All the spells that need boosting scale of mastery and i think we’re in the position we’re in because the benefit we get from mastery is too small. So making mastery a good stat for us instead of rubbish, we’d buff the skills that need buffing and also make us scale well without completely retooling or reinventing anything.

That’s what the op means by buffing mastery to make it as strong as the rest…

I don’t think death chakram actually scales with mastery? it doesn’t cost anything

Ah yes I got you now, I thought you wanted more mastery points, but yes I agree with you fully! man even if you go full with the current mastery it’s just so bad the way it currently is!

I agree with this change! TAKE A LOOK HERE BLIZZ

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.