Switch main class to druid

Hey, as the title says i’ve been wanting to play and main druid because of the lore in general and the Emerald Dream. Also i think Malfurion is super cool…
My priority would be Feral because i think its a super cool spec and really catches that druid essence for me. Is it actually that hard to play? Or even worth to main right now? Would love to get some tips about it. Thank you in advance!

Which spec are you thinking of playing?

Feral would be my main choice :slight_smile:

I don’t know Feral.

A lot depends on what type of content - World, Dungeons, Raid, BGs, Arenas - you want to play, and at what level. Different specs are more or less favoured in different contexts.

If you want to play solo, in the world, all you have to do is please yourself, so it’s great if you like it. And Druid is of course the most versatile class, so you can call on other specs when you need.

Feral is, AFAIK, a perfectly competent class. Here are a couple of stats pages. Look not just at the rankings, but at the Number of Parses (how many of each spec played) below:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/32/

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/31/

Druids have a Discord, Dreamgrove, and there is a Feral channel in there. That’s where I’d go to see what Ferals are actually saying:

1 Like

Feral druid is considered hard to play, this is because the class still has snapshot interactions.

Which means, that using ur bleeds during specific buffs clipping the last second upholds a higher net dps as ur bleeds are based on ur strength at the moment of press.

Also to stack being energy based ur required to know when to save snd when to dump into burst dps.

I dont think its ridiculously complicated but snapshotting will be something you need to learn.

If u wanna main feral go for it, aslong as u have the desire to improve im sure u will be able to get the hang of it.

2 Likes

Feral is fun to play. The most difficult thing I found was learning to wait until I had enough energy to get the full damage from Ferocious Bite.

Snapshotting is pretty easy to get the hang of (especially if you have a weakaura package that tracks whether your bleeds will be stronger (green) or weaker (red) if you refresh them now) but it is something that’s unique to feral so it’s something new to learn.

1 Like

I did start Druid for the same reason you did and 0 regrets. However I mainly play guardian as I always wanted to get into tanking.

I tried all specs a bit just to check it out.
I am terrible with feral, but it is simply due to fact I have not spend enough time on it.

I thing feral is kinda hard, not as hard as rouge specs, but definitely harder then guardian or fury warrior. You can get decent dmg just by keeping basic rotation up, but there is a lot room to grow.

I don’t think, that after Leveling your class, and spending couple of days training rotation on training dummies it will be very hard for you to get decent dmg in pve. Just fallow one of the wowhead guides.

I also consider it fun to improve my rotation. It feels satisfying to improve at it.
And if you enjoy the fantasy of the class I am sure.

One word of warning, Leveling with feral will be probably much more difficult than guardian. If you want to level up quick guardian is much optimal choice.
But by the other hand, if you enjoy feral class fantasy, by levelling with it you will probably learn a lot about it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.