Switching to Enh from Ele

Hey enthusiast of the elements,

I would like to hear your input on a decision. I am usually committed to a specc, being hyper aware of different builds/skills/… for different speccs just isn’t my thing so I like to keep it simple by comitting to a spec.

I played the slot machine that was enhancer in BFA and had a blast, did not enjoy the reworked version however and switched to Ele ever since, taking breaks every now and then. Due to its simplicity, ele was always easy to come back to but BOY is the specc struggling right now. ST is straight up boring and AOE is underwhelming. Generally, the specc doesn’t feel flexible as there is no gradual way of playing ST, Cleave, AOE as it used to.

Also, numbers-wise the spec just isn’t performing as well as Enh and that’s a fact.

Loads of people seem to have a blast playing Enh as well, so I am thinking about making the switch and comitting to Enh, which involves the annoying part of grinding out weapons and trinkets. The high learning curve is a bit off-putting since the Enh is so different from when I last played, but yea, all of the above reasons make me think it might be worth it.

So, fellow totem-lovers, should I do it? Should I switch to Enh? And yes, you may take a wee on my takes, I expect no less from the WoW forums.

Love you all <3

Course you should. Enhancement is the only thing I play.
Some call it piano, I call it forte. It’s a really fun spec to play.
If you do PvP you’ll run into some survability problems.
But other than that, expect to have a great time once you master the damage rotations.
There’s two builds, Storm and Elementalist. Storm is very simple, and Elementalist requires a bit more skill.
You’ll get the gist of it rapidly and you’ll see how easy it is.
Enhance all the way.

ele build dmg really require more skill but you have to press tab alot and just replace stormstrike spam by lava lash spam

the most annoying thing about enhanceis ice strike

the most annoying thing about enhance is ice strike *still doesn’t have a proper animation

nah it is that we are gcd capped, especially whrn pmw activates the haste buff which makes lava lash basically no cd

I have decided to stay Ele. Funnily, they announce a buff to EQ on saturday. That should make Ele a bit more juicy in AOE situations

I find ele to be more fun in mithic+ and enha to be more satisfying in raid content so I’m playing both.

the EQ is a nice buff but i don’t think 50% is no where near enough of a buff to make them as viable as other class’s

if anyone from blizzard in charge of ele would actually play elemental they would know 50% isn’t enough 50% of 22-25k crit is still piss all damage

Yea, ran some keys this morning and its still a bit meh.

I believe you do the rotation wrong in the AOE situations if you are feeling overwhelmed?

I have checked your character, your itemization looks well, though I would change the neck.

Also, playing an ele requires a TANK, a tank who pulls like a tank, and not by 2-3.

Not saying I am a pro ele shaman, started playing actively last week, but having blast so far in 20s.

(And matter of fact I do not even have proper trinkets and still blasting with a decent tank.)

I wouldn’t say ele aoe rotation is hard or complicated though

flame shock 6 targets
primordial wave
lava burst
lava burst
eq
lava burst
eq
and then primordial wave
and repeat nothing complicated use magma totem to to spread flame shocks
even still you only hit 200k-215k over all dep on the place (everbloom ofc you can hit 280k) but the numbers are no where near other class’s can hit
and ofc stormkeeper you pray for ascend proc for it to be decent

Yeah but this is useless if your tank is scared :stuck_out_tongue:

i mean if the tank pulls 6 mobs or 15mobs there not much difference in ele’s dps its basically the same anything above 6 is minor number increase’s

if its pulls of 3 mobs ele does pretty well along side other dps and even if they pull 2-3 mobs at a time the dps rotation is basically the same you just might use earthshock instead of EQ so im confused at why you say its useless if the tank is scared

i would be interested on what kinda numbers you are pulling in keys right now on your ele or maybe you are playing wrong i dono?

from what ive seen of eles in high 25+keys there damage is so much less then what im currently pulling in 18-21 keys, ive never been that interested in doing high high keys but im pretty sure the higher the key number the longer time you get to set up flameshocks and get the dps rolling so you should be doing more damage

even if tanks sit in your EQ and with the current buff EQ still abit pepagga and still needs another buff tbh seems like blizzard was lazy and didn’t actually check out the performance of the spell and slap sticked 50% buff on it but even with the buff its underperforming

Tbh, my DPS makes me upset, but it is decent compared to other dps.

But it is also lack of ilvl, and AH trinkets.

Still viable for the 20s tho.

you dont need that high of dps for 20 keys, ele spec just to hard caped at 6 mobs if they come up with a better way to spread flame shocks or make it so it can be on more the 6 mobs at a time, maybe if they combind magma totem with eq in a way it spreads flame shocks and upped the cap to 10 flameshock targets we could be more competitive with other class’s but as it stands now ele sims 50k less the alot of other specs for dungeon slice.

i guess the Ele devs need to play the class more to tweak its current issues

because atmo its mostly down to luck at this point for how many times you proc ascendance in any form of content - you proc 15 times you blast you proc 3 times your dps is peppaga

Nice Pun, music nerd. i think we should settle on Piano Forte

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.