Sylvanas is totally not evil

Given how a lot of those same Horde players are convinced that Anduin is secretly N’Zoth’s champion, they had better be afraid of his eternal wrath.

My parry chance so high you wont even

I take that you “big boys” are done?

1 Like

Feel free to attack my morals again now

So attack nothing then, since you think me stabbing a baby can be anything but evil.

I mean u carry on Daelins legacy after all.

Anything but evil

If Daelin is anything but good, then Sylvanas is uber evil. Oh, I am not disagreeing with you!

The difference being, I take pride in Daelin being “evil”. I don’t try to cover it up or pretend that he isn’t.

Arent discussing this entire thread how she has a mission and she is doing that for a good reason that will lead into next expac?

You just say she has selfish reasons, I say she has selfish reasons AND some for the Horde’s benefit.

Hell u even accused her of just being a maniac and having no reason at all lol.

You must have confused me for someone else, since I never addressed her reasons.

In reality we stopped discussing after you justified genocide.

Dont you justify Daelin? And even take pride of him?

Shall we stop discussing?

I don’t justify Daelin. You won’t see me saying he was right to kill babies. What I do think is that his reasons are understandable, as in I can see where he is coming from. Which is different.

To be honest, I kind of find it funny to discuss with you. Your deflections are always very creative, and it’s funny to watch you contradict yourself at every step. Sadly I don’t really have much time left as of now, so see ya I guess.

Fair enough. Then let me be plain as well.

If Sylvannas can succesfully win this War and humiliate you like you dared to do during siege of Orgrimmar where you dared threaten us in our house, then I dont care about the body count.

According to before the storm not anymore they’re not. Thanks Golden for that retcon. Cheers

1 Like

Ok, so if someone comes and grabs your wife and 3 kids and then gives you a knife and tells you “stab this baby of some random guy or i will kill your family”
Maybe you start thinking about it and he starts working on your family.
Then you stab the baby.
Are you evil?

…or maybe are YOU stupid?

1 Like

Or maybe you are evil because YOU KILLED AN INNOCENT BABY.

You Sylvanas fanboys actually disgust me. You are sick in the head.

Besides, your example is stupid. No one was forcing Sylvanas to destroy Teldrassil.

The War of Thorns according to Mooyie:

Sylvanas: I really don’t want to do this, guys. Please, don’t make me do this.
Alliance: Do it! Destroy Teldrassil, or everything that you loved will die!
Sylvanas: I… I can’t, please don’t make me do this.
Alliance: If you don’t want to see your friends die, you know what to do.
Sylvanas: Damn you. Fine. B… burn… it.

2 Likes

You asked a stupid question, i thought i could go slowly so that it slowly sinks it, the truth sometimes is hard to bear.

What I wanted to say is that there are cases that you do something really bad but it’s merely the best available option. Any other choice - even doing nothing, is worse.
In those cases, someone can’t be judged as evil because they did something nasty in other context. The context matters for every choice. Certainly anyone would do things that they dont like if they are tortured for example.

In addition, there are choices which are plain bad, as in like ‘stupid’, as in like ‘i dont know why i did that’.
I’m sure you can’t deny this. There are cases you make the wrong choice and you regret it afterwards.
Cases were you neglect to investigate all the information you have, or to seek all the information possible before you decide something and you fail to make the best decision. Again, making a bad decision in such a way, does not make you evil by default.

And there are also stupid people. For example, killing a person is bad, really bad.
Soldiers kill people, it’s their job, they are not necessarily evil because of it. If you are a general/officer at war, every decision will involve the death of many people. This doesn’t make all generals evil of course.
Imagine the cost of a mistake as a general, again, mistakes don’t make a person evil only because of their outcome.
The context matters!

So as i said, there are stupid people who will try to convince you that an action is evil dependless of context. Such a person would say “if you stab a baby you are surely evil”. You can give stupid examples all you want, but you won’t make a true point.

Sylvanas does not seem to enjoy what she is doing. Maybe she momentarily felt the rush of ‘revenge’ or ‘justification’ when she issued the command to burn the tree and they pictured her as emotionally unstable during this moment when she is taunted and makes this bad decision (which i dont believe goes well with her character).
Still, she does not give you the idea of a person who is evil. She looks like a person who has a plan and she tries to find the optimal ways to realize it. Sometimes, she makes mistakes. Other times, she does not realize the cost of those optimal decisions and how they are going to be perceived by her own people. Sometimes she is trapped by the situation.
As a warchief, she is under the weight of her actions and the constant judgement of her people. Not saying she is a victim of course. Still, i see no malice.

To be fair though, the nightelves had it coming. No fire protection while living in a forest on a tree!

2 Likes

No. If you do something evil like stabbing a baby -You are evil- . You can have reasons for doing an evil thing, like Daelin Proudmoore, but you still did an evil thing, thus you are evil. I’m not interested in the moral perspectivism of someone who thinks a guy who stabs babies is anything but evil.

Right. Sylvanas didn’t look evil to me when she said “Not even their bones will remain by tomorrow!” or smiled at the screaming civilians of Teldrassil.

1 Like

Would you be considered evil for killing baby Hitler, if doing so automatically saved millions of people? If you did so expressively to save them?

No idea how the discussion devolved to this point, and I really didn’t read most of it, but this comment stood out for me.

I do feel circumstances matter when judging any act or motive.
There are certainly a few things harder to not simply categorise in one pole or another.
But most depend greatly on a series of things that go beyond the act itself.

That’s the point of “morally grey”. When a mother is forced to rob to feed her starving children, etc.

In what fairy tale world… How would you even have certainty that whatever version of Hitler we’re talking about would turn evil?

This forum is going places.

10 Likes