Sylvanas/Tyrande/X did this and did that

Many human paladins seems to forget that Sylvanas didn’t do anything, the “Golden” writing team is doing all that.

From “for the horde” to a completely useles “horde is nothing”. Brilliant.

This expansion is a total wreck, from start to finish. Nothing makes any sense, illogical things all over the place, forgotting in 1 patch what you said in the previous one, everyone unhappy, etc.

Lucky there is an option on the cancel subscription screen , “bad story”. 4 days left.

The problem is i lost all my faith in this company to generate a quality enjoyable product.

When the game mechanics are so bad the lore can’t afford to be so bad. Nobody cared about lore in Classic because the game was good. Not the case now and this terrible expansion is terrible.

5 Likes

Do we still have any of those here? :thinking:

1 Like

this expansion is the best thing ever finally saurfang the child killer meet his end now if we can only make a road out of the rest of the horde too

2 Likes

These are just characters in a story, they can’t do anything that the writers don’t make them do, so what’s your point?

I don’t know where “the game mechanics” are so bad, they barely changed since 2004, the war story is the only really bad thing this expansion in my opinion. But that is not new, story was always bad in wow and gameplay the selling point.

I think it would have been better to leave the novels out of the official lore, but it’s way too late for that.

‘You made life your enemy’ Horde and Alliance was Sylvanas enemy from day 1 of BfA.

1 Like

Actually from day 1 of War 3 Frozen Throne. When she betray Lordaeron.

3 Likes

If anything that “For the Horde” was anticlimatic

Since vanilla :

the Forsaken have entered into an alliance of convenience with the primitive, brutish races of the Horde. Holding no real loyalty for their newfound comrades, the Forsaken have duped them into fighting against their common enemy - the Lich King. Only time will tell how these disciples of doom will fare in their mission of vengeance.

WotLK - Pit of Saron

Sylvanas about Horde soldiers :

“Pathetic weaklings!”

I thought he’d never shut up. At last, Sindragosa silenced that long-winded fool. (About orc that was just making a speech to survivors)

About her own Frosaken in "Edge of the night"

“I’m done with them! Let them perish!”

Sylvanas in MoP

“I won’t be taking order from a troll!”

And then we have Before the Storm how she killed her own people. And how she contempating how the other Horde members don’t trust her, her people and newest members.

So I’d say that “The Horde is nothing” is much more faithful to her character consistency. And that rallying call was just to make Horde stand up and fight again, not because she really meant it.

2 Likes

In the current patch, Saurfang declares the Horde is no more in the first cinematic, and proclaims how durable and strong it is in the second.

Just sayin’…

Vol’jin had been someone she respected, although they had clashed on occasion. He lacked the abrasiveness that so often characterized orc leadership. And she had been genuinely sorry he had fallen—and not just because of the responsibility he had placed on her head.

Golden, Christie. Before the Storm (World of Warcraft) (p. 19).

The Undercity belonged to the Forsaken, and they were her people.

Golden, Christie. Before the Storm (World of Warcraft) (p. 18).

“Warchief,” he said, “it is time. Your people await you.” Your people. No. Her people were back in the Undercity, missing her and feeling slighted, unaware that she would like nothing more than to return and be among them once more.

Golden, Christie. Before the Storm (World of Warcraft) (p. 19).

She would have given me the Val’kyr for all eternity. None of my people would have ever died again.” She paused. “I would have saved them.”

Golden, Christie. Before the Storm (World of Warcraft) (p. 22).

And so on. Regardless of how unstable Golden makes her seem, there are several points that showcase how Sylvanas indeed did care to some extent about the Horde faction in general, and the Forsaken more in particular.

The fact that Blizzard needed only minor tweaks to ruin her overall character, doesn’t retroactively mean that Sylvanas had always never cared about the Horde as a whole. Even if she did so in her own twisted way.

We wouldn’t have instances like this one if that was the case:

Do not let da Horde die dis day.
It was a direct command from her warchief. And it was the right one. The Alliance effort below, valiant as it was, was dependent on Horde assistance. If the Horde retreated now, Varian’s army would fall. But if the Horde stayed and fought, then both armies would fall. Sylvanas had closed her eyes, each option unacceptable to her, but she made the only choice she could: obeying the will of the warchief, who later would die from the poisoned spear and, to everyone’s astonishment, appoint Sylvanas Windrunner as leader of the Horde.
She lifted the horn to her lips and sounded the retreat. She had told no one of the regret she had felt when, standing on the stern of her ship, she beheld the green smoke of the explosion below, where Varian had fallen, and wondered if she was watching the final, excruciating moments of a mighty warrior.
Golden, Christie. Before the Storm (World of Warcraft) (pp. 238-239).

And regarding the rest…well, i think that you are nitpicking. Although i do admit that we lacked back then much clarification regarding her motives (something Blizzard is currently grasping at to make her seem as if she never cared).

I’d say that back then she cared for it about the same as Lor’themar, Gallywix, and most of the races that came afterwards. Alliance of convenience and all.

EDIT: In short, I do not think that taking the current representation of a character that has been recently butchered and twisted to fit in the narrative, is a valid point to retroactively judge their actions more harshly.

So she flipped like Jaina for not even one expansion span? :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t buy it. She was always portrayed as cold and manipulative.

And really after being appointed for Warchief - first thing she did was making shady deals with Helya and trying to imprison Prime Val’kyr.

Sorry, but I believe actions speak louder than words. The track record of her actions shows that she was self absorbed female doggo.

This is the same case as Garrosh in the infameous “Stonetalon quest”. We have one example versus plenty of others that shows otherwise.

2 Likes

To send the Horde hero on a quest to save the faction, with the full support of the rest of her army, while she went on her own to deal with a problem that involved her and her people exclusively.

As i said, i do not think that judging past character actions by measuring them against what in essence is some pretty obvious and recent character butchery, is the correct way to go around.

Sylvanas has always been manipulative and to certain degree, evil. It’s only now that they blew it out of proportion.
Most of the quotes in the book above directly go against her most recent characterisation. And i’ve simply not bothered fishing out quests, short stories, or previous books. There is evidence that predates said quotes by a big shot.

So yeah, “She was always this bad” isn’t really true. Even if i do concede that she always had an edge that could go either way.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.