Taking Out the Tidecaller quest

Okay, so I want to complete the Taking Out the Tidecaller quest, but seem to be unable to kill Nezara before being killed myself. I checked and all armor my level 45 Horde Troll has is suitable for his level and higher. Is it normal for Nezara to suddenly throw the player across the battle area while causing a huge amount of damage? I don’t know how to predict this or how to block it, if possible.

Does anyone have any advice on what I could do to finish this quest? I have been killed about 5 to 10 times without coming close to killing Nezara at this point. :frowning:

I don’t recall Nezara. There is a comment on her Wowhead page saying her Aquabomb hits like a truck. Here is a video of the fight:

It looks like one of those cases where you have a circular AoE on the ground, and the best place to be when it hits is … elsewhere. :rofl:

Now I think you are at a level where we can talk about appropriate gear for your class and spec.

Your Level 45 Troll does not have all appropriate gear. Let’s itemise.

As an Arms Warrior,

1. your primary stat is Strength,
  2. you are a bit low to worry about your secondary stats yet
  3. your armour type is Plate
  4. your weapon is one Two-Handed Axe, Sword, Mace.

Strength is your MOST IMPORTANT stat. Strength is what gives you your … er … Strength. :stuck_out_tongue:

Rings and Neck, and sometimes Trinkets, may not have any primary stat, but everything else MUST have Strength.

All armour types MUST be Plate.

Your Head is excellent. Plate, Strength, and look at the amount of stats. That’s what you should be seeing in all slots.

Your Neck is very low level.

Shoulders and Cloak are weak. Cloak has no Strength.

Your Chest is Cloth, and has Intellect instead of Strength.

Pants are Leather, and Agility instead of Strength.

You have only one Trinket, and your Rings are weak.

I say this not to criticise, but to emphasise that your gear is overall very weak. That’s not usually a problem when levelling - you pick up what you can - but I’m sure it’s not making this tough encounter any easier.

My suggestion for the fight is to run away when you see the big swirl on the ground.

I will log in now and try to chat with you.

P.S. You have logged out. So much for that idea :smiley:

I am not certain that I can Party Sync with you on the Vulpera quest chain, but that would be the idea. I could join you in a party in-game to kill Nezara.

Other ideas would be to

1. Check the Auction House for a suitable Plate Chest piece, that you can wear at your level, with Strength. That would add quite a lot to your power.
  2. While at the AH, buy a few suitable Healing Potions that you can use at your level. I’m guessing Coastal Healing Potion would be best. Put it on your ability bars like an ability, and when you are low on health and use it you get a lot of health back.
  3. Watch the video and understand the encounter and when to run (or Heroic Leap) away.

My troll has gathered some gold during his many adventures, I could probably find and buy most gear at an auction house. What do I need to replace or add?

1. Something for the neck.
  2. A new cloak.
  3. New pants,.
  4. A chest plate.
  5. A trinket, are those actually useful?

Go ahead and criticize, I clearly have a lot to learn when it comes to gear. :slight_smile:

First I will see about the new gear, I doubt it will be necessary, but if I have to, I can go beat up enemies in a low level zone to loot their money. That will take some time, but it should work. :slight_smile: If new gear doesn’t help enough, I will try other ideas.

If you want to chat with me, I probably will have a lot of time this saturday and sunday. I am in the Central European Timezone btw.

PS:
I did some more research online, it confirms what you already said, I need to focus on strength stats and plating should be the preferred material when gathering gear, is that correct?

Yes, that is correct.

Your Chest, Head, Legs, and Shoulders are the most valuable/important slots, since that gear gets most stats for a given ilevel. Also a two-handed weapon, if your class wields one.

Trinkets have stats, and stats are useful. When you get to max level you will noitice random effects and on-use effects that they may do as well, but no point getting into that now. It is unlikely that you will get a trinket that is useful on the AH. Blizzard make a point of restricting the availability of trinkets.

From this

https://undermine.exchange/#eu-turalyon/search/cat=4.4.5_20/rmin=2/rmax=3/opt=in-stock

Because your Chestpiece, your most powerful slot, is doing you no good at all at the moment, I see that you can probably get a significant upgrade quite cheaply. Sabe for the Legs.

Higher Strength and iLevel is better, but DON’T pay double for a small increase in strength. This is not about your head and legs being a little weak - this is about them being useless. Even somewhat weak replacements will make a huge difference.

As I say, I will pop in to the game and meet up with you to kill Nezara if you need.

1 Like

Okay, I am going to try to upgrade my chest plate and leg armor as you suggested, and yes, if you’re able to, please go ahead and pop into the game to assist me. That would be much appreciated. :slight_smile: I am going online right now. For about two hours.

I’m jumping up and down in front of you at the AH :smiley:

1 Like

I am typing messages to you but you are not seeing? or responding to them.

You should see a new tab in your char area. Click on that and type.

I am on a Tauren in gold and red armour

1 Like

Sorry about that, I don’t have much experience chatting with others in WOW. Keep trying to communicate, I should be able to figure it out soon. :slight_smile: I hope.

EDIT:
Okay, thank you very much for helping me out here! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, we worked it out and it all ended successfully :slight_smile: :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.