Talanji needs to return and defy the Horde

Hello! For my fellow Troll and Zandalar empire Fans. I had this thought floating in my mind.

Talanji wasn’t visiting the horde council when the treaty was signed. Nor when the Vulpera pledged themselves to the horde. Despite them being her subjects. Not even on the final assault at orgrimmar. For me this speaks a clear message. She is isolating her kingdom because she disagrees with accepting peace and working with the murderers of her father. This gives good potential to show us how the horde leaders start to unrest about the future. Now that the leading authority of the warchief is gone. Council politics are much more complex than that.

What do you think? What will happen?

Her subjects were in Orgrimmar 10 minutes ago begging for military aid.

I doubt Talanji is stupid enough to undermine the ruling council when her own kingdom is evidently still very much dependent on their help.

2 Likes

It’s not like the Horde is super power anymore. Horde had enornous casulties also thanks to Sylvanas. They also had Alliance camping their main capital second time in the row.

Horde accepted the peace because they have not enough resources to continue the war (By Baine words, it almost completely destroyed it)
Zandalari on the other hand send their main army (I guess to battle N’zoth) so it was more of an inconvenience.

But I think Ere that you’re reading to much into it. To me it looks like typical case of devs dropping the troll story the moment they don’t have to do it. Or outright decided to ignore it since they have no idea what to do with it.

4 Likes

The last thing we know about the Zandalari, is the fact that they came to the Horde council to ask for help against the naga. A threat that formerly they had no problems dealing with by themselves.

So, in all, I doubt their absence means what you imply. Writers are clearly signalling the same sort of dependence as that of any other allied race.

The only reason why they aren’t giving them more spotlight, is probably the fact that they have a series of issues and baggage regarding the conclusion of this war, that writers don’t want to tackle. As it would threaten the rushed end they already created to finish this plot and move on to the next.

2 Likes

Uhm… Vulpera are not subjects of the Zandalari Empire, never has been.

You Think they are because they live on Zuldazar? Tell that to the Sethrak, Tortollan, and Blood trolls then.

3 Likes

She has two options:

1. Continue waging war against the Alliance alone with her broken fleet and severely depleted Kingdom, because the Horde will not sacrifice more of their people for her selfish request.

2. Sit down, shut up, accept responsibility for her actions and focus on healing her kingdom rather than causing more harm to the world.

And again, Rastakhan was not murdered. If she accepted the deaths of all the Alliance combatantants in the war, she has an ehtical obligation to accept the death of her father. Refusing to do so makes her a hypocrite, giving the Horde eeven less reason to heed her words.

2 Likes

Gotta love the double standards of people that defend and vindicate their favoured races stance about “just payback” and “compensation”, but feel like throwing around this kind of statements.

Guess Tyrande had an ethical obligation to suck on her people’s losses.

4 Likes

A double standard would be claiming Rastakhan’s death as unjust, while not saying anything in regards to the Alliance killed by the Horde, like Talanji did, and not whatever nonsense you pulled out of the nether, attributed me and linked to my statement.

But I guess you do actually love her double standard.

No. You do realize they have different circumstances right? Tyrande’s people were attacked while not having attacked the Horde themselves and slaugthered under false pretenses while they posed no threat to the attacker if left alone. This was after the Horde has previously invaded their home several times and had been given a large area of land to make peace. Talanji’s nation was actively waging on the Alliance, having themselves commited actual murder against Kul Tirans in Anglepoint. If they see that as acceptable, then they have to Accept the Death of Rastakhan. Tyrande has never attacked the Horde without provocation, and never commited genocide against them, meaning she has no reason to accept them doing it to her people. Try to think things through a little and not just conclude whatever satisfied you.

2 Likes

All people of Zandalar are under the rule of the golden throne.

That you still respond to that clown baffles me.

No, they aren’t.

3 Likes

I thought the Night Elf Army was absent from Darkshore specifically because it was going to take military actions against the Horde? Wasn’t it this aggressive manoeuvre that allowed WoT to happen at all?

1 Like

The Zandalari have more then just a little close ties to both Tortollans and Vulpera. Both getting good space all over the empire. Not to mention their presence at the funeral of Rastakhan. Sethrak are tricky. It seems they truly stay neutral. The Devoted at least. Faithless are straight up enemies to everyone.

Doesn’t mean they have any authority over Tortollans and Vulpera what so ever. They’re independent from them.

3 Likes

It’s amazing how the victim of an attack literally tagged as “Preemptive”, whose nation had yet to devote itself to the war effort, and that had zero to do with the attacks that kickstarted this war, is somehow ethically obliged (?!) to accept the death of his father and the raiding/killing of her own people.

But the person that has waged war against the faction, openly sided and supported those that did too, and had just sent her entire army to meet the Hordes one, is in some way more validated to hold on to some sort of grudge for unjust treatment.

2 Likes

This is not so easy at first, it depends on how you interpret responsibility.

Did the Zandalari themselves blame or participate in the WOT? No, of course not, those who say so are just lying to themselves.

Did the Zandalari join a faction that was at war, or did they work together and serve as a military target and bear responsibility for being involved in this war?

Yes, definitely.

5 Likes

have to rember whit Rastakhan, had he but his ego aside, and not listened to to Bwonsamdi, and just surrended and then listen to what the alliance had to say, he would have been alive, becuse alliance main agenda was not to kill him at all, but to get him to understand how bad it was for them to listen to sylvanas.

But that never happend becuse he decided to attack them, hoping Bownsamdi would help him, what didnt realy happen, becuse he wanted Rastakhan dead literaly, so he could get to Talanji instead, Bowsnamdi is the realy bad guy here.

2 Likes

Like Night elves and the Alliance?

Again, it’s amazing to read a logic that dictates Zandalari had it coming for being Horde allies, and yet see demands that claim Night elf issue is somehow any different.

2 Likes

Alliance attacked the Horde in Silithus because Horde got to silithus first and mined Azerite. Night elves then sent the main army to Silithus to take control of the region. If we’re using the reasoning of being allied to hostile faction that started attacks first (Silithus, Stormheim) then Nelves are as guilty as Zandalari.

These aren’t double standarts.
So nelves according to Sereluna suck it up and stop with these revenge nonsense. Especially when you tried to genocide one ethnic group previously.
Stop being hypocrites. Or you’ll suffer even more.

3 Likes

If he would surrend he would put his entire nation as hostages to the Alliance. It was either him or entire Zandalar.

His prioties were absolutely right, he chose his people and their future. He didn’t HS to Orgrimmar but shown to be a true leader and martyr.

Besides you wouldn’t want to negotiate with people that ransacked half of his city, killed so many of his people and the high priests. It was sacrilage because Zandalar is like troll Vatican, it is cultural and spiritual cradle of all trolls. And they assauletd him in his own very throne room.

So his reasoning was imo deffinietly valid.

But honestly it qas incredibly dumb move on the Alliance part. They were incredibly naive to expect he would surrend especially when main army was on the way coming back.

Alliance already got their main objective done by blowing the ships. Attacking Zuldazar caused a very big casulties on alliance themselves. They could’ve blow the ships and assualt Orgrimmar because apparently to 8.2.5 and 8.3 “they only wanted to take out Sylvanas”.

Which imo doesn’t hold up at all.

1 Like

Since the Horde started this war, I don’t know what this statement is about.

I mean, if the night elves had been attacked during the war, and they had just gotten joined the faction during this war, it would be valid, otherwise your argument is inconclusive, since the night elves were the reason for the war, since the Horde attacked them and nearly wiped them out.