Tamed a flying it afterwards, it was still on the ground

Hello all happy !

I have a question about taming a beast pet that flies.
When I saw an interesting flying pet, I tamed it afterwards, it was still on the ground.
How can that be? :thinking:

If I’m understanding this correctly, you tamed a pet that was flying and it landed once tamed?

There’s some pets who, once tamed, will land on the ground and that’s where they’ll stay, but you can find a few pets here and there who will stay in the air once tamed. A few that come to mind are the Hippogryphs and Gryphons from the Feathermane family:

https://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php?id=feathermane

There’s probably more though and I’m just too tired to remember.

Thanks for the help, I can only tame beast pets that are of Exotic Family.
How do I see if they will fly then?

Petopia shows an image of the pet in the state they’ll be tamed in - so if you click on a Hippogryph on that site and it’s flying in the picture, it will stay flying once tamed. Likewise, one that’s pictured on the ground will land once tamed. The page should also say whether or not it will fly.

You can check out other flying creatures too, Exotic and otherwise. Petopia will show you if they’ll land or stay flying! I hope I explained it well.

I did not think that it was so easy for the pictures to be like that. Thanks again for the tip :+1:

You can tame any pet. It’s ‘all pets + Exotic’ rather than just Exotic. If you switch spec though, you’ll no longer have access to that pet (but it’ll be there when you switch back to BM spec).

I have not fixed Tome of the Hybrid Beast to tame for example a “Brown Owlcat” by Feathermanes families because I felt there was so much to do. therefore I can tame only the Exotic beasts even the common beasts.

There were a few pets which would trigger a flying mode when sent to attack an airborne target. It was especially cool if that pet had both walking and flying animations.

Unfortunately they stealth fixed it in Shadowlands because tamed pets are no longer linked to the original mob ID.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.