Tank and Agro!

Hi guys! Who plays on tanks, help me please, how are you keeping agro on mobs? I have big problems with agro, some DD give more DPS with start and after this so difficult return agro again. Don’t know how fix this. )

I have no idea, I honestly never have issues with agro on vengeance. Perhaps it’s related to how you’re pulling? Make sure to use your glaive as it generates a lot of thread. I usually initiate with a glaive, jump and immolation. This is 9/10 times enough to keep agro.

If your dps goes all out while you are still pulling them back, then it is their fault.

Once they reach you and you were able to put a rune out and toss a spirit bomb or what not, you should not struggle at all.

And well, that one mob that runs off can be taunted ^^

Keep struggling? Put up skulls so they can focus the same target (which you can easily taunt) while you handle (/work on) the aggro on the rest.

Hm, good point. Thanks a lot.

Keep in mind DH need a 1-2 seconds to get a proper agro. Sigils with delay, aoe spirit bomb with delay as well. Soul cleave also.
If u play pugs before dung remind this to ur dps team. And problem shld b sorted

I use the sigil-on-land talent to open then quickly build enough for the soul cleave spam

Nah we don’t need a few seconds to get agro. If anything it feels like DH get instant agro compared to other classes.

Well true. But when on count 1 havoc jumps in with meta and eye beam it causes problems sometimes cause he lands and burst at same time with you ))) so infernal strike base dmg isnt enough

Well, he can die then in my opinion. And it happens in our raids. Our havoc dh goes wild and then he gets owned by some mobs.
Not a single tank can keep the aggro from a DD that goes completely wild. Any decent DD should know that :slight_smile:

Not agree with you, warrior tank create insane agro with avatar.

Any halfway decent dps knows you let the tank gain aggro before you jump in with burst damage. If you don’t, and you end up dead, it’s your own fault.

In the limited amount of tanking I’ve done, I haven’t had any difficulty keeping aggro. The only times I’ve looked like losing it are if I’ve been hit by a long stun, and once when our group leader (who was playing dps) was trying to take it off me to move the boss to a better position. In both of those situations, taunt -> throw glaive got it back.

2 Likes

If you have problems with initial aggro, just try to ask DDs to unleash their full strenght couple seconds later… I had a problem with it as havoc, when i cast Focusing Iris followed by Eye beam on larger pack, DPS went up to couple 100 thousands, but in 2 seconds I was dead because of aggro… Problem was eliminated when i started to do this 4-5 seconds after pull, when tank had solid aggro on everything

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.