Tanking Dungeons as Retri in TBC

I want to play Retribution Paladin in TBC but as being a DPS it would take much time to find a dungeon group. My question is if I bring a tank gear with me would I tank the heroic/normal dungeons in TBC?

You’ll be lacking 2 top tier tools for survivability and aggro.

Maybe once ppl overgear the dungeons it might be a chance but while leveling I wouldn’t suggest you to do it, especially for heroics.

2 Likes

No, this is not a thing, you need to play Prot. That goes for Warriors too, you can’t tank as a Fury/Arms Warrior by equipping gear. You do this as Ret/Arms/Fury and first the group will die from agro, then you will die from being a paper tank.

Maybe if you wanna do some overgeared easy dungeons, or offtank a trash mob in a raid yeah fine, but not tanking heroics or raid bosses.

1 Like

How well you run through dungeons isn’t only depending on the tank. It’s about team play and with the right team everything is possible. Even moonkin/warlocks/hunters can tank dungeons so i don’t see why it is impossible for a ret pala. It might not work with every team because you know… there are a lot of bad players around :wink: Time to prove some nerds wrong!

1 Like

With the right team and several tiers of item above the content while taking considerably more time you can due anything, sure. But if you want to tank a dungeon in any normal situation you need to be a tank.

Nobody is going to stick around for your fluffy the hunter pet to lose agro to a single chain heal. But if you wanna tank normal Blood Furnace as a level70 hunter then sure, it will just be slower than if you just took a tank.

Jeez, just spend 50g and respec, it’s like pocket money in TBC

But I mean of course you can tank Deadmines as retri ye, no questions

You can somewhat tank normal dungeons in a different spec if you have the appropriate gear, but you will have way more problems than running in prot.

Depends on the dungeon as well, I wouldn’t be tanking SL or Shaterred Halls on normal in an offspec if I could avoid it.

Heroics… No.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.