Tanking Question

Hi guys looking for some advice on how to deal with 2 bosses in particular on keys at 17+ with tyrannical the first is Liu Flameheart 3rd boss in Jade serpent ( when he goes green and you have to walk out the AOE she puts a massive dot on you that I can’t really mitigate)

and the other boss is Hyrja in Halls of Valor when you change sides and she does her Shield of light i think that’s the ability name if I’m not topped off i can pretty much get one shot i can mitigate maybe 3 swaps but after than i have nothing left

Thanks for any advice guys <3

The DoT is also a heal absorb, and if I’m not drunk, it goes away if you deplete it. Generally the idea isn’t to outlive the 8 seconds with mitigation but to bomb the debuff with healing.

yeh i know what your saying cause as soon as i walk in and i can self heal again im fine its just the time between walking out and back in… so what im thinking is healer needs to pop alot of direct heals on me during that 2 second downtime where i cant self heal?

On HoV I use fel devastation on 1st beam to get in to meta, then fiery brand, and meta third. You should have fd off CD before fourth beam if its still alive.

Like Hirvee here says, for HoV you need to pop important CDs like Fel Devastation and Fiery Brand. You can always alternate between them since it takes a bit to change from one side to another. So I also go FD then FB (for which I have 2 charges because of a talent) then by the 3rd you should have FD up again, if not you kind of need to pop Meta.
In Temple, yes the debuff needs to be outhealed so the healer should focus you with some massive heals, and for that he must position himself first away from the waves.

Well I will surprise u guys a bit how VDH plays tyra bosses:

Ur best friends are Frailty and Painbringer. If u were attentive reading Talents, u know that spamming Soul Cleave instead of Bombs will provide u much more survivability cause Soul Cleave applies 2 staks of Fraility and not 1 as it bombs do. So I m tanking 24 Tyra keys atm and all bosses could be survived only if u ll stack 6+ stacks of frailty (its -24% damage on u) and 6+ stacks of Painbringer (its -12% damage on u) + u rotate every Meachanic with Fiery Brand / Fel Devastation / Meta / Fiery Brand / Fel Devastation - if u dont have meta u need to ask for CD from healer.
On 3rd Boss in TJS such a very very important - have ur healing potions not on CD.

Easy.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.