Target an 'enemy' and cast spell

Hey guys, I’ve recently got Whispering Shard of power.

And when that trinket procs, a soul appears that you need to kill in order to get the buff.

So I was wondering if there was a way for me to just press a button and have my spell (howling blast in my case) be automatically cast on that buggger when he pops up.

I’ve tried ./target Innocent Soul ./cast Howling Blast but that doesnt work

I’ve also tried ./cast [@target=Innocent Soul] Howling Blast and that doesnt work either.

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 Like

Certain mobs have targeting by name disabled (like totems). That’s probably one of them.

I’d recommend a mouseover macro.

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [] Howling Blast

Ah thanks for the info!

I find it strange that this would fall into that category, like totems I get as that is probably balanced around pvp, but in this case I dont see how it makes sense as you already need to sacrifice uptime/an ability to activate this trinket, why would they then also make it so you can auto target it…

but anyways thanks for the info and I’ll just need to do a mouse over macro like you suggested. Have a wonderful day Elvenbane

“Target=” condition only works on UnitIDs(target, focus, targettarget etc.)

The closest you can make of a macro to target specific mobs is like this:

/target [nodead] Innocent Soul
/cast Howling Blast
/targetlasttarget

This will allow you to cast it on specific target and still keep previous target selected.

But as Elvenbane said some NPC are protected from autamatic targeting.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.