Target Macro, this possible?

I wonder if someone knows how to do this ?
I press a macro-icon on one of my bars and the type line now opens and already reads "/tar " (even the space after tar is there). Then I type Mud+EnterKey, and if there is a mob named Mudqueller Murloc nearby I will now have have it in target. … What has to be in this macro ???

Why not just make a macro that’s /tar Mudqueller Murloc? Then you can just spam the key.

If ur gonna go to the trouble of typing “Mud” each time you’d be better off just typing /tar mud and copying and pasting the command into chat.

Not if I want to use it on a target with different name each time.

/run ChatFrame_OpenChat("/tar ")

You can add multiple /tar commands to a single macro and it’ll attempt to target any of them, prioritizing the ones lower in the command list.

That macro does not work returns “A macro script has been blocked from an action only available to the Blizzard UI” =/

Did you try it without any other addons loaded? It works for me.

On Wrath Classic ? (fresh server Thekal eu)

No I figured this was about retail, since you never specified otherwise. Doesn’t seem like the code for the ChatFrame changed much, but I don’t have Classic installed to test.

Ok, but ty for ure info anyway !

Afaik this is not possible on the Wrath classic servers, as manipulating the input box in the chat frame has become protected functionality only acessible to Blizzard’s own code.

Elvenbane’s suggestion, where you put the mob’s name into the macro itself is the best workaround I think. If you want to look for something else, you change the maco to that mob’s name and then start spamming it.

Ok ty for info.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.