Tauren are the best race, really

Now, I don’t main a Tauren. In fact my best Tauren effort is a druid who hit cap in WOTLK, and has stayed at 80 since then.

But today I got me the last allied race, the Highmountain Tauren. And when I looked at the character creation screen it struck me how limited the choices are for Tauren (and DK is an abomination IMO for Taurens).

Warrior, Hunter, Druid, Priest and Paladin. If it were up to me Paladins would be gone from that list too as they make zero sense but whatever.

So yeah, it got me thinking on how Taurens are presented in the game and there’s a gentle (but dangerous) giants vibe that’s very unique and which lends them a special, sadly not replicated, feel.

But again I haven’t player any alliance scum since my first NELF huntard back in 2.1. Dwarves used to have a special something IMO back then, Still the case?

I can’t fault them really, shame they’re stuck with all the genocidal maniacs.

I’m not a big fan of Tauren’s myself but each to their own.

You’re breaking my heart, Puny…

2 Likes

Finally a good thread

5 Likes

I’m sorry. I do have a Highmountain Tauren Warrior but I race changed two of my paladins away from Taurens. I got fed up with simple acts being difficult like getting through doorways. Getting over the rope bridges around Zuldazar, having to dismount at the midway point because of getting stuck etc.

I don’t like Taurens much because of Thunder Bluff… You really cannot find a good steak anywhere there…

3 Likes

They are only classified as paladins for gameplay reasons lorewise they are sunwalkers which make perfect sense.

6 Likes

What a wholesome thread. I agree and you all can get all the free, warm hugs only a tauren can give! :smiley:

6 Likes

I love my Taurens and have done every since I recruited them to the Horde back in WC3 but there is nothing more annoying than having to constantly dismount because you cant get through doorways all the timje watching the lesser races just ride through.

Personally I wouldn’t have given them Paladins either

edited as I was being thick and slow

What an amoooooosing thread

3 Likes

I like female Tauren :grinning:

Gnomes on their feet spread an infection, saw a gnome? Show him kill perfection.

1 Like

Taurens are awesome, and their new heritage armor soon to be added is really really cool!

https://i.imgur.com/6llEiaJ.jpg
1 Like

Tauren would be the best race but aren’t cause of their customisation options? Do you know that you could say that about every race?! The Zandalari are the best race, really!

I like tauren the best as far as lore is concerned and the general idea of them appeals to me, but it’s so difficult to find fitting/good looking helmet mogs for them…

Taurens can already be shamans :thinking:

1 Like

Taurens have the least amount of customization options. They could use a little love from Blizzard.

I love my taurens as they are though. I think males are cutter than females and they have the cutest hooves in game (sorry male draenei :stuck_out_tongue:).

1 Like

Nah, Nightborne have it much worser. Tauren look at least good imo.

I am away from home right now and only have access to the forums and not the actual game. Without being able to check I took the OP word as being correct however now that I think about it I have got a Tauren shammy as well as friends who main Tauren shaman (I am ashamed of my myself).

1 Like