Tauren awarness thread

I’ve noticed there are not enough posts about tauren. It’s time to raise some tauren awarness.

• hooves for stomping
  • fists for punting
  • horns for piercing
  • generally the best race
  • mooo

Every tauren player is helpful, nature loving, fair, righteous and generally very likable. And extremely skilled, it’s always a good idea to invite a tauren to your group. Even the gnomes like tauren.

26 Likes

This is a fair, unbiased, scientific and well research post. I approve this message :cow:

16 Likes

/moo. Yes, Tauren-brother, spread the word!

The Tauren are one of the most interesting races of the Horde. It has deep connections with Azeroth (with its Earthmother-centered religion) and Shamanism, but also explores other forces such as Light (Tauren Seers and Sunwalkers) and nature (the Druids). With so many orders and tribes, the race is one of the most diverse in Azeroth.

And never forget this beautiful passage from Rise of the Horde:

I remember when we first encountered the tauren. I remember Cairne Bloodhoof’s deep voice and calm face. I remember sitting on the ground in a tent that could be broken down and erected with startling speed, and feeling oddly at home. We smoked pipes, shared food and drink, felt the drumming in our bones, and talked. The tauren seemed to me bestial at first, but there was wisdom and humor in them, and by the time the first round of negotiations had been conducted, I knew that the orcs had a rare ally in these half-bovine beings.

Night had fallen while we spoke, a soft night befitting this beautiful land. We left the tent and gazed up at stars too numerous too count, a sweet wind caressing our faces. I turned to Drek’Thar, to ask for his wisdom. To my astonishment I saw tears on his face, glinting in the moon’s light.

“This is how we used to be, my chieftain,” he said in a broken voice. He lifted his arms and tilted his head back, calling the wind to embrace him and dry the tears on his strong green face.

“Close to the earth. Close to the spirits. Strong in the hunt, gentle with the younglings, knowing our place in the world to be right and just. Understanding the balance of taking and giving. The only magic the tauren practice is the good, clean magic of the earth, and the land reflects that, the way Draenor once reflected our connection.”

I thought of the tauren’s request for aid in fighting their enemy, the vile, filthy centaur.

“Yes … I feel for them. It will be good to be able to help them,” I said.

Drek’Thar laughed, turning his blind eyes to me and seeing me more clearly than anyone with sight could.

“Oh, my young Thrall,” he said, chuckling still, “you do not yet understand. They will help us.”

I love the Tauren.

14 Likes

inb4 mootilda jumps in with cow gifs

5 Likes

Mootastic thread, for the herd! :cow:

8 Likes

I would disagree, using your horns as weapons would leave your neck and face vulnerable to attack. not a body part you want to leave exposed.

Oh I just use them as letter openers and gnome piercers. Gnomes can’t reach the vital parts before my horn pierces them.

3 Likes

Taste good too with a slice of cheese and ketchup

4 Likes

Well they are the tastiest, burgers, T-bone steaks, chilli con carne, salt beef, the list is endless.

2 Likes

An actual cows head is like reinforced concrete, so your argument isn’t entirely correct.

A well cow-culated move. I think its an udderly fantastic idea, as be-hooves you tauren. :cow:

7 Likes

Cow’s skull and neck hide is quite sturdy itself. Not to mention the one with the mane like Tauren have - they don’t really need the armor, and yet they still wear it.

Meaning, nah Tauren charging at you is not concerned for its head / neck exposing, the one being concerned is you cuz what the hell did you do to provoke a pacifistic and nature loving tauren to charge you :open_mouth:

I mean, MOOOO.

2 Likes

I like a man that is not afraid of showing his love for puns, have a :heart:

1 Like

Leaves a blessing behind…

otherwise
/MOOOO 2 you too

(Tauren at heart)

2 Likes

Grass for mawing

I approve this thread…Tauren are def the most level headed race in the Horde.
Must be the horns! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If you shoot cow in the head at point blank range, that concrete isn’t going to be very effective, is it now?
Nor will it help them if a rogue is slashing at them with poisoned blades. Even if the blades don’t penetrate, the poison is being applied to the skin where it would be absorbed.

I am aware of Tauren, tyvm. They’re pretty hard to miss.

Considering that most posts are actually about some sort of complaint, this is actually not too bad

2 Likes

It’s time for Tauren rogues imho!

2 Likes