[Tauren-Community] The Adherents of An'she ☀️

Smoke rose from the decorated kiln, as the sparks of the Seer’s staff ignited the bundle of wood. Through the magic of the herbs and oils stuffed inside the bundle, the smoke and flames began to dance to display a vivid story, of Shu’halo at war against demons, centaur, quilboar and Alliance. A bright flash purged the vision of its evils, leaving only a group of victorious Tauren standing over the ashes.

“The path we walk is difficult, but it is the only way to freedom and prosperity.” the Seer spoke out above the flames.

“Walk with An’she’s blessings, and be a beacon of his fire. Refuse, and risk succumbing to darkness.”

https://imgur.com/a/X47GZDv

Who are the Adherents of An’she?
A gathering of Tauren, led by the Seer Apawi Summersnout, dedicated to bringing the divine fire into the (unfortunately underdeveloped) facet of An’she roleplay. The Adherents avoid the more ‘Paladin-esque’ perception of the Sunwalkers and Seers of Azeroth, and instead focus on taking on a more unique format of roleplay, looking into the spiritualistic culture of the Tauren people. As a primarily nationalistic group, the Adherents are heavily in favour of the Horde and the Tauren people, and vehemently against the Alliance. Believing the Alliance to be behind many of the plights facing the Earthmother and the Tauren (the burning of Taurajo, the perceived corruption of Mu’sha in Darkshore, and the continued butchering of the Tauren people), the Adherents are willing to do anything to deliver An’she’s fiery justice. Be that the Alliance, or those they see as traitors, betraying their people to defend a High Chieftain who has abandoned the Horde to side with a human king…

What do the Adherents do?
The Adherents are not a guild, but a collection of like-minded characters, occasionally meeting up to pray to An’she, engage in spiritualistic ritual, or even go out on missions to see to it that the justice of An’she is delivered. For the moment, these meetings will be on a regular basis, hosted by Apawi Summersnout herself.

Who is welcome?
Although a small group, we are always welcome to opening our arms to like-minded Tauren who are faithful in nature, not ones to shy away from battle or violence, and those who are faithful to the Horde, as long as they agree to keep the secretive missions of the Adherents a secret…

33 Likes

Green weeds grow under His heat. Animals bask in His glory. Rising and setting, every day, as part of the Great Cycle, every living creature on this world feels His gift.

Yet for every beautiful sunrise, a forest-fire burns. For every blossoming flower, a lone coyote dies of thirst, defeating by His drought.

Healing. Growth. Kindness.

Destruction. Rebirth. Justice.

An’she rises, and with him, so too does the new dawn.

Atop a distant hill in the Barrens, a group of Tauren met. Gathering around the circle of stones, high in the Sky Father’s domain, the Tauren gathered around the Seer. Opening her arms, she embraced each and every one. The group began to pray - to pray to the Sun, to the Great Eye of Earthmother. To ask for wisdom. To ask for clarity. To ask for judgement.

The fires of passion burned within each Tauren like a pyre. Each word from the Seer’s mouth as they listened to her wisdom fuelling the flames like kindling.

The Seer’s Sunwalker, who’s anger burned so brightly, brought a stone basin, filled with herbs, to the centre of the circle. The Tauren gathered round, as the Seer lit the weeds aflame… smoke, fire and ash filled the air, and visions danced in Mu’sha’s moonlight as An’she fell into the horizon.

A vision was granted. A vision to show His followers the way. A vision brought into the night, as a glimmer of hope, in a world torn apart by the enemies of justice.

The adherents knew what had to be done. To protect their people. Their faith.

A new dawn was rising, and the Tauren had to rise with it.

16 Likes

Religious extremists? Nice

6 Likes

Pretty epic and unique. :smile:

7 Likes

OK… this is epic

8 Likes

Might bring out my Sunwalker.

4 Likes

You bring out the Sunwalker, we’ll bring out the barbeque for the Night Elf.

5 Likes

Deal, mate.
Though I still need to see if a Grimtotem could (somehow) become a Sunwalker.
If so, I’ll light up the BBQ myself.

1 Like

My people… what has become of the balance?

11 Likes

Any Tauren who has access to someone who can teach them the cultural rites and skills involved in being a Sunwalker could possibly become one.

Grimtotem Sunwalker is fully possible, considering the Grimtotem do share the same religious structure as the rest of the Tribes. They revere An’she, Mu’sha, and the Earthmother.

The Sunwalker order was created after the Grimtotem splinter-faction, led by Jevan Grimtotem, joined the Horde, so I imagine a fair few joined the new order and took on the responsibilities/powers involved.

7 Likes

Time to bring out my Sunwalker and make sure to know when to start Sunwalker RP! Cheers mate!

4 Likes

Sorry… don’t understand [Common], Silver Hand Paladin.

6 Likes

The only language my people seem to understand, is violence…
Closes his eyes and weeps internally.

12 Likes

This is actually pretty spot on.
Good luck!

2 Likes

The balance has been completely disturbed by the kaldorei. Best balance it out with some extreme sun-praising.

6 Likes

This is really cool, and there should be a guild for guildless Tauren who want to hang. Might…bait people into leaving their actual guilds though, SO yeah…

The point of the Adherents is to form a community that surpasses guilds and allows people to participate in Tauren-themed rp without having to sacrifice guild rp for it.

8 Likes

Catholics don’t leave their day-job just so they can go to church on Sundays.

4 Likes

I am so glad to see you say this. Guilds are great but sometimes you just wanna form meaningful IC connections, or engage with a new effort or idea, without having to compromise a guild membership.

It is a shame my only tauren is a DK abomination or I would gladly have her come and give praise.

7 Likes

The proof is me, gamers.

7 Likes