Tauren Death Knight or Blood Elf Death Knight?

Hello Everyone.

We have been given the 100% bonus for leveling.
I decided to take the opportunity to level my remaining alts.

But I have a problem.
I created a male BE DK years ago and deleted it, after his starting quest, same case for my male Tauren DK. To create more room at the time when we were restricted to 12 characters per realm.

Brought both from deletion a couple of weeks ago and have been using them as bank characters.

I want to level one but, I already have like five female BEs and one male BE DH.
Reason is: Transmog addiction.

I am planning to level a male Tauren Druid also.

Tauren Blood DKs seem a very good combo, his name is Blackhide a black Tauren as I always loved Spanish bulls.
But when I was doing the part where the DKs led by Darion Mograine invaded the Lights Hope chapel, he felt so out of place.
We had two humans and one BE leading, the charge.

So in terms of lore I feel a BE DK would make more sense due to what Arthas did to Silvermoon, unfortunately his name was created in a time where I didn’t knew much about RP so I named him Strakar (Jeep name) because I liked the sound of it, because it reminded me a bit of Kalar from a comic I read when I was younger.

Which one would you advise me to level up ?

Thanks for your attention.
Cheers.

There’s no doubt in my mind that there are bound to exist more undead elves, Death Knights included, than there does undead tauren. That’s just a circumstance of geography - Quel’Thalas is situated immediately next to what became the Plaguelands.

This does not mean undead tauren aren’t present and represented. They feature as Ebon Blade NPCs every now and then, and we also have Tragg Highmountain in terms of named characters.

My advice? Level the one you personally feel the strongest about. There’s no wrong option that I can see, and it’s ultimately you who will be spending time with the character.

2 Likes

You are right.
Thank you Vakosh.

I love the belf models, but a plate tauren is always a mighty sight.

5 Likes

with a bit of imagination and creativity you can build a fitting backstory for any character as to why and how they came to be.

Your DK could have died as you mention during the ravaging of Silvermoon as a BE, but for a Tauren it is also possible he was fighting the forces of the scourge during the first or second scourge invasions (a 2.0 version is planned for the shadowlands, being the third invasion) near the undercity or in the Plaguelands, fighting as one of the brave soldiers that would meet the massing scourge forces head-on.

1 Like

In my opinion lore wise Blood Elf Death Knights are more interesting for role-play and the Scourge story and the Blood Elf one are intertwined. That said if you’re creative you can make up something for a Tauren aswell.

1 Like

As said above, blood elves and undeath have far more history than tauren and undeath. It’d be a more rich starting point, however that’s not to say a blood elven death knight would be by default more interesting than a tauren death knight.

I’m way more familiar with BE lore, my main being a blood elf himself so I do have a clear bias towards belves, but I also don’t see enough tauren RPers.
Most of the Horde side is elves and Forsaken nowadays, with a couple of zandalari and orcs. It’d be nice to see more tauren for sure.

But then again, it will never be the backstory, race, concept or class that makes a character interesting. You can make an amazing backstory with a well thought out concept, but that won’t be what makes your character fun to interact with.
My advice is think of which of those two characters you would enjoy playing personality-wise. Which of them as a person, instead of a race or concept grabs you the most and go with that.

1 Like

Thank you for the replies everyone.
I decided to go Blood Elf Frost Death Knight.
I loved his dual wield one hand swords animations and since I have no plans to play Blood tank spec ever it wouldn’t make sense chosing a Tauren.

Also on the side note: my BE was the very first Death Knight I created.
I am still to find out what that Blood Elf female from Argent Dawn, that he was ordered to slain as proof of his loyalty was to him.
His friend ? Family member ? Or something else ?

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.