Tauren Heritage Armor Time-Gated

So apparently you can only unlock the Tauren Heritage Armor if you complete the entirety of the War Campaign thus far and some more quests in it that will appear after 8.2 comes out.

Meanwhile Gnomes can just start it with none of those prequisites. And they get a cool wistle toy and actual decent heritage story (SPOILER SPOILER an elite gnome squadron you become the commander of picks you up END SPOILER END SPOILER).

Not only do you have a really bad heritage quest for Tauren, you can’t even get it when the patch comes out. GG anti fun blizz

Are you sure the required quests aren’t available when the patch releases?

What’s so bad about the Tauren heritage quest? (I genuinely want to know, I’ve not played it)

That sweet, sweet chieftain armour though…

2 Likes

Does seem unfair for you tbh we didnt need any of that for belf/if armour.

2 Likes

Bit silly they lock it behind the war campaign while other races just had to be 120.

4 Likes

Guess that has to do with lore-related stuff.

1 Like

SPOILER SPOILER You spoiler alert is the best I’ve ever seen END OF SPOILER.

On a different note, I think it’s become more urgent that we re-define what time gating means, since so many people seem not to have a clue about what it is.

2 Likes

I doubt op minds doing quests its that fact you cant do them day 1 so its timegated compated to dwarf/gnome/belf .

I honestly just think it’s related too the “state of Baine” so to speak. Most players are afterall done with the war campaign, then Baine’s not present at Thunder Bluff since he’s imprisoned. Which means that you have to save him for the quest to be aviable.

Which probably means the quest will be aviable for freshly dinged 120’s who haven’t reached the 8.1.5 war campaign quests. Edit: After testing untill I got a possibility to transform a character into a Cow… It seems this is not currently the case.

If that 8.2 war campaign requires previous parts then it kind of suck because you not only need to do the quests but also grind the rep. It’s fine if it’s your main but it sucks for alts.

Also if Blizzard released this kind of post it means the patch is near.

As if they couldn’t simply make a story for Tauren, and raise of new heroes. But NOooooo it has to be tied with Baine, because apparently there is no tauren lore without Baine!

3 Likes

The only two well known Tauren are Baine and Runetotem.
One is imprisoned, the other too busy in Silithus.

I agree, they should make more Tauren to become well known NPCs.

I personally don’t mind the prereqs…what I do mind is that it’s horrible boring and bland quest, all about Baine and his feels.

Blizzard already pretty much ruined the character for me, I was Really hoping for some Tauren background lore, history, ideology or culture and see some new Tauren headfigures come up.

So disappointed…

1 Like

You could actually edit your post and use the

Hide Details Option

Hide spoilers in here

Who’s lore?
Ah, you meant this gentle bull’s people from cinematic with Jaina?

That’s the reaction the authors expect from the most of people who play retail. Low expectations, easy lore. Nam nam it’s done.

LOL is time gating being used as term for everything that people have to do to obtain something now?

3 Likes

Baine is love, Baine is life! If they don’t do any Quest which you can just start with 120 and just bind it with the entire War Campaign which requires much time and rep, I would be very disappointed and would say that it sucks.

“Tauren will also first need to complete the War Campaign quest Stay of Execution, which will be available shortly after the launch of Rise of Azshara.”

This strongly implies that the quest will not be available immediately after 8.2 hits.

Needing exhalted to get through the war campaign to that particular point, while sounds logical from a lore standpoint, feels like a nuisance for those who leveled alts up specifically to get the heritage armor. Those who already had tauren mains will have to wait until the quest will be added.

2 Likes

Yeah, read that after I posted my reply, guess there really is some kind of timegating here. Hopegully it won’t be too long.

That sucks. I thankfully have it completed on my Tauren (since it’s my main), but I think that Blizzard should try to compensate a bit here. Completing the War Campaign has to be an account-wide thing, you know the outcome of the questline, great, now let us earn the heritage armor on our Tauren as well.

1 Like

I checked the article again, and this is what I found in the comments section:

They changed

that is within the blue post on wowhead to

at some point after (maybe?) the wowhead post. So I don’t think you have to do the whole war thing again on a tuaren if you don’t main one.

So it seems you can finish the war campaign up to that point on any of your character. A bit better, still it is up for question how long will it take for the quest to become available.

If the totem do make it as a cloak slot item I’d say it is worth the wait time (which so far seems it will for both tauren and it changes for HM tauren,) but that is just me.

1 Like