Tauren tribes

I intend to draw some Tauren mockup art for the sub-races customization thread, but I know nothing about Tauren lore, so I wonder, do more Tauren tribes have specific traits aside from the Highmountain? If we were to get sub-race templates and demonyms, what do you think would make sense for the Tauren (or would be a nice further addition) based on what we have seen on Shadowlands Alpha so far?

Thanks!

3 Likes

I believe the Bloodhoof are the main tribe, and the Runetotem are the druids. Uncertain about how different they would look, however.

The Icemist would probably be the closest relatives to the Taunka?

There’s a load of tribes listed here, but I am not sure if they are visually and culturally dissimilar enough to warrant separate templates:

https ://wow.gamepedia.com/Tauren_organizations

People often mention the Grimtotem tribe as one who have different tattoos/paint, but I don’t believe they are allied with the other Tauren tribes so may not be appropriate to include.

1 Like

Aye, saw that page, but I was wondering about their visual differences: are there any at all, aside from (obviously) the different Highmountain horns?

Some Grimtotem joined Baine and the other tribes in Cataclysm. They are being led by Jevan “Stormsong” Grimtotem.

As for the tribes, they’re all distinct, but the lore on them is scarce. But we know that the Thunderhorn tribe are some of the best hunters, Ragetotem some of the best warriors, Runetotem and Wildmane are Druids, Bloodhoof are the leader tribe, Skychaser tribe is basically Kalimdor Skyhorn tribe who ride wyvern, and of course the Grimtotem tribe.

3 Likes

The main question being, since the purpose of this post is customization mockups, would there be any visual differences between the tribes? And if so, which?

I mean, all logic suggests that there would be -some- differences. The tribes were separated for countless generations before the events of WC3, and it would stand to reason that there are certain distinct features each tribe would possess. It doesn’t have to be anything drastic, but there should be some differences, either in form of different tattoo patterns, jewellery, or even hairstyles.

The Grimtotem have their own tribal paint. So should the other tribes.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.