TBC - Chronoboon Displacer and respec?

Blizzard,

In WoW Classic you have made some changes that did not exist in the original version, such as the addition of the Chronoboon Displacer.

Despite the large number of players who did not want any new changes in WoW Classic, oddly the Chronoboon Displacer was very well received for all players because it greatly improved the quality of life in the game.

Moreover, this change had a huge impact in the game because storing overpowered buffs to bring them out when we want has never been part of WoW, any extension combined.

As you know, mechanics from the past that existed at the start of WoW, are just annoying / unbearable for a game in 2021.

Many players, including me, cannot fully enjoy TBC Classic due to the exponentially increasing cost of respec.

One solution to better fit the quality of life in our present time, would be to keep the price of respec at a fixed price that will not increase.
Something like 1 or 5 or 10 or 15 gold, maybe.

It is a change which is:

• quite doable contrary to the dual specialization
  • requested by many players
  • which does not have an as big impact as the Chronoboon Displacer for the game

i do 2-3 respecs per week, and 200-300g per consumes for each of my raiding chars. that still ends up at 2-3h of farm per week, max
i would have argued that the respec cost was a bigger issue in classic because gold was harder to come by, in tbc u can make 250-300g/h farming literally anything so i dont believe its a real issue

Thx man, I play Tank Warrior. Making 200-300g takes me around 10-15h per week, not 2-3h.

Unfortunetaly my life don’t allow me to play 10-15h farming gold out of my Raids time.

(Because yes, Tank Warriors do very weak damage and we take so long to kill 1 mob in the game, so quests take a huge time to complete alone)

1 Like

fishing can literally give u 250g/h, bad excuse mate
edit: i tested this myself, i made 236g over 50 mins in nagrand, but i was not chasing fishing nodes

I will try fishing, I’m actually skill it up.

But anyway, a low respec cost will always pleased most of Classic players :laughing:

have a look at fish prices before u start, depending on ur server a bunch of different spots can be top money. on mine golden fish sticks go for 33g/stack, crit food is at 36/stack so terrokar and karazhan are potentially the highest money spots if u stay static. nagrand is top if u are actively looking for spellpower food nodes

Might be a bit too obvious of a statement to make, but have you considered that if you are not enjoying TBC Classic, then perhaps you shouldn’t play TBC Classic? Perhaps the 2021 version of the game which is available would suit your needs better.

Just because some changes have forced their way in doesn’t mean more should.

2 Likes

It’s not an exponential increase, it’s linear from the moment you reach 5g respec cost.

It’s already capped at 50g, it’s basically fixed for anyone actually respeccing regularly. Apart from the one monthly discounted respec.

Have you considered just playing the game? A single SSC or TK clear drops more raw gold than the cost of a respec.

2 hours should be plenty to cover both raid repairs, a couple of respecs and some consumables regardless of your class/spec. That’s not even taking into account the gold you get from raids.

The chronoboon was introduced to encourage people to play the game outside of raids. Your argument for reducing the respec cost is that you don’t have time/want to play the game outside of raids…

3 Likes

I dont think dualspec is needed at all. Whats needed is having a ghost spec you can put your points in and actually safe it. So everytime you respec you just do one click and have that one again + the bars being filled with the spells it used to have.

Its the only annoying thing about it in my opinion.

4 Likes

Ogri’la dailies give u what 40g for like 30 mins of work tops? (not much killing beside demon quest so spec doesnt matter) + shartuul every 5 days (or less) and assuming u kill him u get a chance to drop boe epics that go for 50-300g on AH or badge of tenacity which sells for thousands (depending on server).

Imo at THIS point aka when dailies have been released there really is no excuse when it comes to “im too poor to respec or buy raid consumes”.

Play the game and (shocker) u will have gold to spend :stuck_out_tongue: And if u are a tank with not enough time during week ask the guild to cover ur consumable expenses.

I like this idea, but I would like this and lower the gold cost to say 15-25g.

1 Like

So, since we are on different servers, can you describe what are you farming as a Engeneer rogue to pay for these respects? Because I smell RMT here.

Rubbish. I earn about as much as that just from mining.

Getting gold isn’t difficult if you just pull your head out of your butt.

There is so many farms which are not botted and therefore not declared dead where you can easily get 150g - 400g an hour, sometimes dependant on luck, sometimes just using a good time for the items to put in the ah.

Respecs are just an annoyance as said before, nothing else.

you farm chests in mana tombs/steamvaults, also mine all nodes there, ez 300g/h. also flying around nagrand with epic mount+engi is more than 350g/h
edit: first chest in mt gave me living ruby today, 120g just from that

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.