TBC Classic - new interface option causing game freeze for hunters

With TBC Prepatch a new interface option was added under the combat tab. It is enabled by default, but if you disable it the game will start crashing due to a memory leak in specific situations.

It is the following option:

“Auto Attack/Auto Shot
If enabled, your character will automatically switch between auto attack and auto shot.”

What happens is that if you’re casting Steady Shot and a mob runs towards you and you then press Raptor strike, the game may freeze. It happens often enough to be easy to reproduce. It is so specific and really weird. A lot of hunters are talking about this and experiencing this on the hunter discord server.

It happens with no addons installed or macros being used, and seems to trigger more often if you’re spamming your keys fast.

Someone recorded the problem here:

1 Like

I can confirm. This is happening to me as well and I’ve not figured out what caused it until I stumbled over this post.

It is easily enough replicated by any hunter. I’ll report the bug via the ingame means for now and hope that more attention to the problem will help solve it.

Just to confirm we have seen the reports of this and it has been sent along to be investigated.

Thanks for sending the in-game bug reports as that will help out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fantastic, thank you for replying.

This is great news! Hope it gets sorted fast as having the setting on is leading to a embarassing amount of accidental pulls xD