TBC Classic: The Mac Experience

To those of us who have the misfortune of playing and raiding on a mac, what are the optimal settings to maintain 60 fps at all times? The game seems to run fine up until you enter SSC/TK and then all hell breaks loose, especially on trash. I use a MacBook Pro (2019, 16") which should be more than able to run a 15 year old game, but I think I am using the wrong settings or don’t really understand them. I’m sure myself and others would be grateful for any help on this matter, it really makes or breaks the overall experience. <3

Example:

Processor: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB

1 Like

I’m using a 2013 3.2ghz quad core 8gig ram iMac with max resolution, high environment detail, high spell effects & everything else on low & it runs fine for me.

You could probably turn off/down spell effects in raid environment that really effects performance.

I also ran it on these settings during classic raiding with no real issues.

1 Like

I turn every setting except particle density (important for boss fights) and projected textures (flamestrike and such) off or all the way down to get max smooth frame rates :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.