[TBC Classic] What reccomended settings for me to use for no lag gameplay

Hi I am trying to make sure I have no input lag gameplay

here are specs if you ask them

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
driver version 466.77
intel core i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz
15.94 RAM
1920 x 1080 60hz

I tend to lower the render scale to 83% (1600x900) but there maybe more to then that
but I am trying to do that with overwatch but only 50 75 100 150 200 available but I am going off topic so lets go back to topic.

I know this can run in general but I want to only use higher graphics for screenshots only. I want to maintain longetivity. I try and make sure its not too bright for me aswell.

I dont want to overdo my new computer just making sure to keep longetivity unless i need it to save money. I rarly ask for technical details here but I dont like asking on forums because of misinfomation.

I am not exactly sure what you are asking for. There will be always some input latency as signals need to be transmited and processed by GPU and monitor. Some settings like v-sync will increase it so turning them off can be helpful.

Generally lowering graphics settings might help if you can’t maintain steady FPS otherwise. Both Nvidia and AMD have some sort of low latency modes in the drivers though I have never used them so I don’t know how well they work.

Generally input latency is not a huge issue in games like WoW so I am not really sure why you want to reduce it. If you are having some specific problems you should describe them.

Without knowing how much lag you’re experiencing it’s hard to advise anyway ?

I routinely have around 22/25ms and have zero issues playing. If you’re aiming for 0ms you’re going to be disappointed.

For Classic your machine is well specced and I don’t think will cause many problem. You don’t mention storage - a SSD would help a lot generally if you are not using one but it won’t affect lag.

I just dont want to overcook the computer making sure it will last long to save money instead of buying new one but I usually get new one every 3-5 years thats why I need to try and save money for because I cant work and I am on £80 a week

I run render scale at 100% or 83% but should be okay at 200% right?

It seems to me that you want someone to tell you “yes, if you do this your computer will last five years”. Nobody is able to do that.

The spec you’ve given above is pretty decent. I run with an i7 instead of an i5 and a 1060 instead of a 1660. My PC is about two years old now. I’ve had no issues with it and it runs Shadowlands with most of the graphical ‘bells and whistles’ ramped up to full. I also run at 1920 x 1080.

Things that will help your PC last longer are:

Adequate cooling
Don’t overclock the GPU / CPU

Nobody can give you a guarantee that in five years time WOW will run on the setup you’ve given above. However, given the current minimum specs for Shadowlands I would be surprised if it didn’t.

I doubt anyone can do better than that, not even Blizzard.

I usually cap my frames to 100 because I have a 60hz screen but should be lower then 100 right or 100s fine?

Both are fine, use whatever setting you prefer.

That spec for Classic is over-the-top, for Shadowlands its good.

Remember you dont need to turn on every graphic setting, i put shadows at medium, this helps the GPU. Limit it to 100 or 144 (with vsync off). Your processor shouldnt be working much anyways, turn on the GeForce Experience beta, press ALT+R ? to show your gpu using, most prob wont be over 50% anyways.

If you want more advice, contact me on Nelwyn, Elerrion @ Pyrewood (tbc) or Ishy#2595.

oh yeah i didnt know about the alt+r. thanks anyway