TBC is going to have Warlords of Outland launch experience

Shadowlands was designed to solve these issues, Hellfire Peninsula isn’t. Hellfire Peninsula is war mate, pure war, and lag. I guess layers can do it, but I remember Firemaw on Classic launch, 15 hour queues were regular.

2 Likes

for the first hour, right? Then merge to 10 and see how situation develops

It was ?
Because I remember something like 10 s delay and multiple disconnect in mine. And that was just an event, while TBC is a launch.
Even with layers, my server has been bloated and leveling painful for months on end. I don’t want to spend my time waiting for respawn and being unable to use any profession.

2 Likes

Dude they even put a number limit on how many players could enter silithus. Can’t really do that on hellfire kekw

1 Like

I thought most of you guys adored the idea of starting areas packed like sardines, queueing for mobs, and massive login queues because it ‘mirrors the original experience’?

I can well remember all the people posting about how they didn’t care if there was a 16-hour login queue when Classic launched, and if given a choice between layering and a 16-hour queue they’d take the 16-hour queue gladly, and with open arms, a smile on their faces and not a care in the world, even if they DCd 10-minutes afterward and had to re-queue for another 16 hours.

Are you guys now saying that you don’t like this kind of thing anymore?

It doesn’t, because the “original experience” had a max population of something like 2,5 K to 5 K, and we’re about twice to three times that.

Because the donkeys at Blizzard’s didn’t dare to open more servers, and thought that “we thought we did but we didn’t”, so they just piled thousands of people beyond the limit of what would be acceptable, thinking most people would leave.

2 Likes

That is true, but regardless I distinctly remember reading quite a few posts from forum users who actually wanted login queues and packed starting zones, and embraced the concept wholeheartedly, shouting down anyone who suggested that layering might be used to to make things more bearable because that was ‘not the original experience they wanted to re-live, and queues were part of that’.

Some of these are the same people who, in 2021 are embracing the level boost on the grounds that they ‘don’t have time to play properly’.

And this is why you go to zangarmarsh ASAP. hellfire leveling isnt even fun, atleast zangar has some nice scenery

1 Like

You’re talking about a very vocal minority, as is often the case on forums.
Most of the people I meet ingame, including guildies, don’t even read the forums.

I remember the posts you refer to, but I also remember posts from people being pissed that they had to wait so long to login the first days. My bet is those are not the same people :wink:

I for one was pro- layers from the start, and I am now too. I also don’t see any harm in a one- time paid boost, and believe people are making too much of a fuss about it, but that’s my own opinion.

We got layers and queue. People said they rather have a queue then layering/sharding like in retail

LOL I hated the watery and shroomy scenery, I liked the place only because it had Druids.

Still, you go straight to Terokkar and pick the flightmaster in Shattrath on middle level by the eastwards bridge.

Speaking of sceneries - Hellfire has decent, Nagrand has the best, and Zangarmarsh is literally the worst. Only Netherstorm can compare to it.

I’m sure no one has though about that.

1 Like

That’s correct in part, however most of the comments about how ‘login queues are a necessary part of the experience’ came out before release. Upon actual release some of the very same people (names withheld to protect the guilty) who had been calling for queues and no layering upon pain of death were the loudest voices shrieking in outrage over… queues once the game went live…ho hum.

Hypocrites aside yes forum users are an extremely vocal minority. If the forum were to be taken as a microcosm of the game almost all players cleared Naxx weeks ago, are running around in full T3, with 50,000 gold in their bags, a Zulian Tiger, Winterspring Frostsabre, and Rivendare’s Steed.

1 Like

Ofc there’s always a % of players who will kick and scream whatever the case (aka whiners).

I personally try not to take this game as serious as some do. If you hear them speak and their ‘right as a paying customer!!8!’ you wonder how these people function irl. As Karens most likely.

Same thing about the boost. I’m happy it’s here but I’m also happy it’s being restricted somewhat. I don’t see the point in making a huge rant over such things and pointing out scenario’s that will very likely never even come close to happening.

1 Like

You attitude toward the boost and mine differ. My feelings on the boost went from shocked outrage, to depressed upset, and finally setting upon sad, weary resignation. In retrospect it should have been obvious that they’d implement something like this for TBC. There’s money to be made, and enough willing punters to pay a pretty penny.

Sadly it seems that, on the forums at least, my camp are the minority, and the majority love the idea of paying real life cash to skip content. I strongly suspect that if full sets of tier 6, and Brutal Gladiator were sold for real cash most people on here wouldn’t be able to get out their credit cards fast enough - or maybe I’m just a cynic?

1 Like

I do see your point though. It’s very certainly not in the spirit of classic/tbc/wotlk even.

Pay to win is something where I would draw the line too, like you described. A one time boost is a content skip or shortcut for sure, but it’s worth nothing in terms of gear or endgame progression. If they’d started selling attunements or gear I’d be out too.

1 Like

Heavily layered which will mess with stuff… If anything I have a fairly lower pop server to play on with a 60.

don’t forget that 10 ms batching will make it lag wayyyyy worse than the 400 ms AQ event

I am tentatively for the boost, and I would never ever consider accepting paid OR free boost/skip for my main character. But I want a tailoring alt, and as I said in another thread, the prospect of levelling another char through classic physically nauseates me. I will never actually “play” a boosted char. That’s counter to the spirit of the game for me. But having my Spellfire and Spellstrike in a month instead of two and NOT doing tannaris/feralas/hinterlands/ungoro one more time is well worth 60 euros to me.

1 Like

I’d argue that the boost should be disabled until at least 48 hours after the expansion launch, to reduce the tension in Hellfire Peninsula and promote those who levelled by themselves.

On the other hand, the boost will greatly reduce the amount of mats available on AH, because less people will be levelling through it. And people who wish to have Classic levelling experience will play on Classic era realms, anyway. So the AH will be dead for low level stuff.