TBC titles

my theory is, that i already owned the names on the old toons. and as such, they were already taken when i made the restored toons.

by renaming my restored toons, this released the original names on the old toons, and now the original names were once again available as i tested this by making a lvl 1 with the names, and i could.

a bit confusing, and annoying if you really wanted that name, but there we go!

That’s interesting coming from someone who hasn’t achieved any of that when it was “difficult” and instead bruteforced / bought his way through it when it became irrelevant content that did not have their rewards removed.

Rarity from difficulty is only achieved through rarity from unavailability in a game that is ever growing where content thus becomes irrelevant.

LOL how did you even come to that conclusion. Bought my way to what exactly?

Fixed that for you.

I had the quests. A few years later I deleted them as my questlog was full. I’ve been kicking myself ever since.

You have not a single achievement to your name that would be considered difficult that you gained when it was current content. Yet you achieved every single challenge mode achievement on the same day (a few a day or two later in MoP), both expansions. As someone who participated in boosting players in MoP I respect anyone who isn’t willing to put in the time of finding a group of willing players and just spends currency to obtain it, don’t get me wrong, but don’t go flaunting any of your ‘achievements’ like a victory flag.

Scarcity and unavailability go hand in hand. The longer things stay available, the easier they get unless you put a hard cap on it (rank 1 arena, for example, and even there it is tied to unavailability). This is due to the fact that the game changes and old content does not update with it. A good example of this is Herald of the Titans. Not exactly the hardest achievement even at the time, but it was relatively challenging. Now it’s an abomination due to class changes that anyone willing to set up a group can get with no experience. The other reason is that they never make content difficult enough for the top end players, so if it’s group content, boosting becomes a more and more reliable method of obtaining it as players get better at min-maxing the once difficult content.

LMAO these are character specific achievements. I’m at 20k, got Challenge modes on multiple characters in both seasons, I did them with friends and they were decently easy, we knocked them all out in one or two days and only had to do one or two of them several times. Get off your high horse, buddy. Challenge modes are arguably one of the easier unobtainable achievements.

So put a hard cap on it, that’s what i’ve been saying all along. I just disagree with removing content for the sake of artificially inflating peoples sense of achievement.

Exactly and if they actually bothered to tune the game right then it would still be to this day.

Sounds like an issue that you should take up with them. Sadly they’re catering more to new players these days so I doubt you’ll be heard.

I do use it on my mages because it’s tied to finally getting that vashj kill with the guild back then… and getting semi-carried in a run for KT later with the best guild on Mazrigos back in the day (and playing poorly in it compared to our guild progression on him).

Wrong observation then I suppose. Some of my friends and I are guilty of the same in WoD, where we didn’t bother with them until the last month, copied a bunch of thought-out strategies and lol’d our way through them. There is of course a reason that the min-maxers could boost with only 3 players actively playing. Still though, it does show the rest of your achievements as well. At least, I doubt you achieved Wrath, Cata, MoP, WoD, Legion and now BFA (level 120 achi included) achievements all on your level 60 forum post character. It shows the date the character that posts obtained it and if that character didn’t, then the first time you ever did on any character.

I personally can’t think of a system where that’d work. The only title to ever remain relevant as a sign of a (relatively) good player despite being still obtainable is gladiator and that’s because it keeps getting removed from players the next season if they didn’t achieve it again.

Very difficult to tune the game today with content of the past still in mind. I’d argue practically impossible but I’m not a game designer.

They more or less addressed it by adding m+. Infinitely scaling difficulty stops everyone from progressing eventually. Doesn’t really help with all other content in the game though.

Promised some friends to wait with doing them until they came back to WoW, would’ve done 'em sooner otherwise.

Yeah I know, however I think Armory is pretty buggy. I don’t have the character-specific setting enabled in-game but it still only shows that I have 4K when I post on the forums. It’s very strange, but I can’t really do much about it.

Edit: Legacy and Feats of Strength are shown account-wide regardless of the option, btw. Maybe some others work like that too, but i’m only sure for those two in particular.

There’s always a way! :stuck_out_tongue: …but it’s been a long day and I don’t really feel like finding it right now. So let’s just agree to disagree.

In my opinion they could utilize the scaling technology much better than they are right now. I feel like it’s sort of going to waste with Timewalking in its current form.

Yeah but it stops giving achievements/rewards at a certain difficulty, so… not really that prestigious :confused:

Ok, then tell me how exactly it would be difficult to get those titles if they were still available.

And how they would be rare.

While i have to agree that achievements speaks by themself, you have to consider other things too.

About Razien’s profile, you can see he’s wearing some original T3 pieces (the BMAH version it doesn’t have the class requirement, while the ones he is wearing have it), on a level 60 character, so is highly possible that he indeed raided some of the original Naxx (keep in mind he’s wearing them, and is not the trasmog, so he couldn’t have them unlocked by raiding it during TBC with another warrior), he wear some of the Icebane items, wich there was no reasons at all to use them during TBC because of the lack of Frost Damage in most of the raids.

So yes, while i agree with you that Achievements could talk alot, they aren’t always saying the truth.

Which? the tbc ones? champion of the naaru?

You gotta kill the raid bosses right? Just make a Time walker version, tuned to a high difficulty and no LFG-tool.

There you go. Now people have to actually raid for it and at this point the difficulty is simply how hard you wanna make it. if it’s too easy, just tune up the numbers for the boss.

This isn’t rocket science.

Edit: It was never a “rare” title. It was a title raiders usually got. So raid for it again, simple as that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.