TBC titles

Trial of the Naaru: Magtheridon
The Cudgel of Kar’desh
The Vials of Eternity

these quests originally gave “Champion of the Naaru” and “hand of a’dal” titles i believe.

i recently restored my original main from TBC, and it had these 3 quests on him. im presuming they are the originals from TBC because the toon was 70 when i restored him and had not been played since TBC.

are the titles still obtainable from the old quests?

come to think about it, i have no idea how i did not pick up the quests on this toon originally, even if i didn’t complete them in TBC. very wierd as i did all quests when i found them back in those days, or at least picked them up :\

1 Like

The only title I’m proud of is Commander (rank11 in the old honor system).
I got it without a guild and without premades, and it took crazy amount of time.
With Rank 11 and after, you could write in World Defense channel.
A thing they took away from us later.
Shame.

2 Likes

IIRC if you have the original quests they still grant the title, whereas the newer ones don’t.

1 Like

If you completed them during TBC you would get the titles, the same is if you didn’t completed them back BUT you picked them up during TBC, in that case you should have the original version of them in your quest log.

If you picked them now, i’m sorry but it’s the new version of them

1 Like

Can you share them btw?

The original quests are unshareable, likely intended by blizz to keep the status of the titles.

Fun detected ¬_¬

2 Likes

i would put money on them being the originals, as the toon they are on didn’t play in wotlk+. i swapped to horde during the sunwell patch in may 2008. and yes, i just joined a group, and all 3 are grey to share.

could have been a nice little money earner!!!

at least that might mean that i can still get the titles! :smiley:

2 Likes

If you still have the quest it could still be obtainable. People on Wowhead mentioned getting the title from turning in the last quest in that line for the Hand of A’dal title.

You can! Just be sure to not boost, server or faction swap until you’ve done them or they will be wiped and not be obtainable again.

1 Like

Its Champion of the Naaru btw not Trial.

I rock that title most of the time.

thats the quest name, not the title? or maybe there is another quest further on? still cant believe i dont have these on rogue, as they were easy to pick up. maybe dungeons were easier to get into when i was a tank. will see what happens, but not anytime soon. i am only 75 on that toon, so a little bit to go till i can solo them.

If the original quests are in your questlog you can still get the titles.

The new quests (introduced in patch 3.0) however do not grant the titles.

I find your character restoration a bit confusing though as back in those days Blizzard stored data like deleted characters only three months back, after that it was lost forever. But if what you say is true all I can say is congratulations on your new titles!

1 Like

Having those titles knowing others can’t get them anymore is actually fun.

2 Likes

Yeah the title is Champion of the Naaru. Not many that. One of the rare ones.

Kind of bothers me that I had the original “Vials of Eternity” quest on my hunter (the char I raided during TBC with) in my log for the longest time before eventually abandoning them prior to the title being intoduced.

I did get the Champion of the Naaru title though, so there’s that at least.

Nah.

Rarity from Difficulty -> Rarity from Unavailability, and that’s coming from someone who has more unobtainable stuff than the majority of other people in this game do. Including titles.

They never delete old characters from frozen accounts, even if these was before the link with Battle. net, about 3 months ago i restored my second TBC account and all characters are still here.

This is the same for toons in newer accounts, i checked it and i still can restore my old Cata DK wich i deleted right after dinging 70 because it was a Goblin and i didn’t liked it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

this is the toon. i am OP. im not sure if its trackable, but yeah, this guy has not been played since TBC. i deleted all my alliance on nagrand at start of WotLK, but about 6 months ago i was able to restore this guy at 70, and 4 others which were 50. again, cause i never played after TBC, im guessing these are the original quests.

i will have to wait an see though as at 75 im too low to do the raids atm.

the only issue with restoring the the 5 toons was i had to rename all of them, even though 4 of them dont have any toons with the same name on armory, so im confused why i had to rename them. but obviously putting real at the end of the name makes me the original xD

1 Like

That’s because they are into an account wich wasn’t linked to battle. net, se when Blizzard created battle. net your account wasn’t elegible because it was frozen, so the names returned to be available for other players.
Or maybe there was some issues with the battle. net link, i had to rename them too when i restored my TBC account

1 Like