Tell me when addon Restore

Hello.

Situation: I uninstalled World of Warcraft, never deleted twitch addons tho or app. Now I installed WoW and started playing again.
Question: Is there a possibility to get my TMW addon settings back?
And if yes, how exactly it is possible?

Addon settings are stored in .lua files inside your WTF directory.

If you have the original files, you can copy them back. This makes it a good idea to keep a back up of your WTF directory.

The global file will be called TellMeWhen.lua in

World of Warcraft\_retail_\WTF\Account\(YourNumber)#1\SavedVariables\

and the settings fo each character will be called TellMeWhen.lua in

World of Warcraft\_retail_\WTF\Account\(YourNumber)#1\(Realm)\(Character)\SavedVariables\

I copied my TellMeWhen.lua file from WTF and pasted it in /interface/addons/tellmewhen , replaced and now Addon is not working at all :smile:

Actually, there is TMW_Options I’ll try to put that one.

No.

The files in WTF must not be mixed with the files in /interface/addons/

If you have the original files from WTF and copy them to the correct places in WTF the settings will be restored

I don’t really understand. Cuz I don’t have any files. I uninstalled wow, addons were never uninstalled. Installed wow back and addon settings are gone. Can I restore them?

It looks like no settings were saved from your old WTF. They must have been deleted when you reinstalled. So you have nothing to restore your settings with.

It does sound like you have no trace left of your addon settings.

So there’s 3 options;

1. redo your settings from scratch
  2. get TMW profile for your class from https:// www.chesder .com/
  3. Switch to Weakauras & grab them from https:// wago .io

!! Notice that you have to fix up the links yourself, the forums do not let me link these so that they actually work. sigh

Thank you everyone, will do it all from scratch, which is so big pain in the bunker UHH!
For future to save my settings, which files should I back up?

Back up the FOLDERS WTF and Interface in the _retail_ folder.

A system restore is a remote possibility to get them back.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.